Monday

* * *

I woke up that morning, styled my hair all nice, tried a little harder than usual with my appearance. I made sure I smelled good, and then drove myself to school, feeling pretty confident.

I lost that confidence by lunch. I had asked more than thirty girls out, and every one of them turned me down.

Every single one? I'm the most popular guy in school. You'd think at least one girl would dump her date to go with me instead.

But no, my school was full of loyal girls, and it was making my search for a prom date significantly trickier.

I'd ran out of straight girls. I had just asked out four lesbians in a row, and took that as a sign to stop trying, for today at least. I threw my empty cup of coffee in the bin and began to walk to the bathroom.

Who else is there? I've asked all of the sporty girls, the weird alternative girls, the nerdy ones, even the few who have openly admitted they have STDs. I've asked Jenny, Rachel, Daphne... D... Dinah! Dinah Williams!

I stopped walking, and quickly turned around, heading to the music block. As I looked up, I found Luke and Tiffany standing in the hallway. Asshole, my subconscious muttered. "Hey Mikey," Tiffany smiled, batting her eyelashes at me. I hate you so much.

"Hey, have you guys seen Dinah?" I asked, trying to avoid looking at the two, since their hands were all over each other. "Who?" Luke frowned. "Dinah Williams," I repeated. "Really? How desperate are you?" Tiffany giggled, flicking her hair over her shoulder and moving in to Luke a little more. "I'm not desperate." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "I still don't know who you're talking about." Luke sighed. "Don't worry about it." I muttered, and continued walking.

I opened the door to the club room, where the Lunch Time Ukulele Club were rehearsing a Twenty One Pilots song. "Anyone seen Dinah Williams?" I asked, sticking my head in the room. "No," They all replied, and I sighed, stepping back and closing the door.

I turned around, and there she was. "Why are you looking for me?" She squinted. She took out her earphones and crossed her arms over her chest. "I, uh, have you got a date to prom?" I asked, leaning against the wall in attempt to gain the cool I had just lost. "No." She answered, running her hands through her hair. "So you'll go with me?" I asked, feeling relief spread throughout me.

"Fuck no." She laughed a bit, and began to walk away. "What?" I frowned, pushing myself off the wall and grabbing her wrist. "I'm not going to prom with you." She said as if she were talking to a five year old. "You're not going to find anyone else to go with." I said, looking over her face to see if my words sparked a different reaction. "I'm not going to prom with anyone - I'm not going." She said, tugging her wrist from my grip.

"What the hell?" I asked, following her. "There's an All Time Low concert that night." She shrugged. "Haven't you seen them like, seven times?" I questioned, quickening my pace to walk next to her. "Eight, actually." She corrected me, pulling her earphones back out of her bag.

"Dinah, c'mon," I sighed. "What is the most popular guy in school doing asking someone like me to prom, anyway?" She asked, abruptly stopping in her tracks and turning round. "I..." I breathed out, shaking my head. "I mean, like, you're cool," I shrugged, licking my lips nervously. "Thanks." She said bluntly, turning around and walking again.

"Please?" I sighed, watching her walk away. "Don't beg me, Clifford. That's just sad."

That little bitch. How rude, someone like her should be on her knees begging someone like me to talk to her, let alone take her to prom. She's not getting away with it; she won't make me look like a complete idiot. I am taking that girl to prom.

* * *

I got home and immediately logged onto Facebook, searching 'Dinah Williams' and clicking on her profile. I sent her a friend request, and while I waited I looked through her account a bit.

She wasn't very active; most things on her timeline were things other people had tagged her in. I scrolled down a little further, and found the post where she shared her profile picture. I looked over her face, and clicked the button to like it. She had dark brown hair, and light brown eyes. The kind where if you looked closely, there were more colours than just brown.

When it came to height, she was a little below average, but short girls had always been more appealing to me. As for her body type, I couldn't quite tell. She seemed like she had a small build, but she always wore big shirts, so it was hard to see. Plus, I hadn't had the chance to look at her properly at school, and there were no full body pictures of her on her profile.

I clicked onto her 'About' page. She hadn't filled in hardly anything, other than the school's name. There was nothing about her family or her phone number; she seemed to be pretty hard to get ahold of. I scrolled down more, and looked over her likes.

It was mainly full of bands; All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Bring Me The Horizon, ect... We were pretty similar, honestly.

I clicked back onto her main page, looking at her profile picture again. She's actually kinda cute, my subconscious mumbled.

After a few more minutes, I got a notification; she'd sent me a message.

Dinah Williams: go away

Michael Clifford: no

Michael Clifford: accept my request

Dinah Williams: fine

Dinah Williams has accepted your friend request!

Michael Clifford: go to prom with me

Dinah Williams: no

Michael Clifford: why not?

Dinah Williams: I told you already

Michael Clifford: what if I take you to the concert after?

Dinah Williams: thanks but no thanks

Michael Clifford: are you a lesbian?

Dinah Williams: no, just cause I'm not into you doesn't mean I'm a lesbian omg

Michael Clifford: you don't even know me, how do you know you're not into me?

Dinah Williams: I don't like needy guys

Michael Clifford: omf

Michael Clifford: I'm gonna keep trying

Dinah Williams: just give up, it's not happening

Michael Clifford: no

Dinah Williams: see ya

* * *