The Sisters Arc

Accelerator first appears in Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, where during another session of brutally killing aMisaka clone, he meets an enragedMisaka Mikoto who tries to get revenge on him after she witnesses him killingMisaka 9982. However, Mikoto is powerless against Accelerator due to his abilities. He later figures out that she is the original Misaka Mikoto and becomes disappointed that although both are Level 5's, Mikoto is very weak compared to him, and, wanting to speed up the experiments, opts to kill her. He is prevented from doing so by the arrival of several Misaka clones, who tell him that he should follow the protocols; killing Mikoto would cause discrepancies in the calculations. Accelerator accepts this explanation and leaves Mikoto alone after telling her his name.

In the Railgun Manga, Accelerator appears in a daydream by Nunotaba Shinobu that hopes that by putting "fake emotions" into the Sisters, she could possibly move his heart. This is because she apparently believes that even he wouldn't kill the Misaka clones who would be crying because of their emotions in that hypothetical situation. She is one of the few people who in addition to Last Order seem to believe that Accelerator would stop the experiment if he realized that the clones behaved like/were actual humans.

Accelerator reappears briefly in his battle against Misaka 10031, where Mikoto accidentally sees how he reverses the clone's blood with his vector powers on a monitor. Later, he reappears in another experiment with the clones; this time he has to defeatMisaka 10032, but is interrupted by the arrival of Kamijou Touma. Many of the scenes featured have the fight featured in Accelerator's perspective and shows as well the beginning of the Experiment with a younger self. Right before Touma delivers the final punch, he questions what he has been doing this whole time.