Chapter Six: Best Served Family Style

A/N: Hey readers and NWTBB fans! :-) I would like to say first of all: I apologize for the inconvenience-but I have had a hectic few months. I am so sorry for not being able to update more quickly, but as you know writing takes time; which I know most of you could agree on. So-hopefully this chapter will make up for that extensive time away from writing. I hope you can all forgive me for not updating-but as you know, life gets in the way of our everyday plans. Thank you everyone who still continues to support me-you are all a-mazing! :-) Please enjoy this chapter! And make sure to vote and comment (hopefully nothing harsh or with too much criticism).

-AN
books_by_New

**********

"Elle!" I shrieked drastically throwing clothes out of my closet.

"Is something wrong?" I heard a feminine voice question before peering inside.

"Where's my sundress; and before you start pestering me with questions-yes, I'm going out with Ryan." I finished quickly, throwing a black Rolling Stones shirt with the logo printed on it onto the floor.

Silence.

"Giving me the silent treatment 'eh?" I chuckled.

"Ry, who's Ryan?" I heard the female voice question, closing the door behind themselves.

My eyes suddenly grew large with panic, "Mom?" I drew in a sharp breath, turning around to find her there with a smug smile playing on her lips.

"Who is this new man in my daughter's life?" She continued, teasing me.

"It's just-a...friend." I tried, continuing to rummage through my closest.

"Honey..." My mom cajoled, putting a hand on my shoulder. She was giving me 'The Look', her eyebrows knitted together and her lips pressed together as if concentrating in an attempt to read my mind.

Don't crack Ry-she'll try to pry it from you...

I tried to revert my focus back to my closet, but it was as if her eyes were searching my soul. It made me feel so-violated.

"Okay-okay. Just-make it stop." I raised my hands in defeat, stopping to explain my fake story to my mom. She laughed, listening once again to what I was about to tell her.

"So in a basic sense, Ryan and I had always known each other quite well; and when he found out that Konnor was cheating on me-he was ready to erupt of anger. So after Konnor announced his love for Sister Christian-Ryan swooped in and gave me his heart." I smiled, attempting to swoon.

"How sweet! When can we meet him?" She quickly asked-turning from bubbly to serious in a matter of seconds.

I giggled nervously. Oh God. Ryan-I need Ryan right now. He would tell me what to do.

"I'll have to check with Ryan." I smiled and nodded.

My mom just gave me what looked like a weak attempt at a genuine smile. "Well-let's get you ready!" She announced, starting for my closet.

"How about this?" She asked, pulling out a formal sleeveless black dress with a form-fitting skirt.

I sighed out of complete frustration and scratched at the nape of my neck. "Well, it just seems a bit too-

"Casual?" She tried to finish for me.

I exhaled and chuckled, "No, I was thinking more along the lines of too formal-scratch that, way too formal."

"You know what-I'll just throw this on." I breathed, reaching around my mom to grab a dark blue sundress with paisley lining the sweetheart neckline and the hem of the skirt.