20. My First Breakup

Start from the beginning

Then I stood on my tippy toes and hugged him. He hugged me back and pressed a light kiss on the top of my head. I stepped out of his embrace and awkwardly waved as I took a step back. Then another. And another until I was on the porch of my house.

I couldn't stand to stay at that party anymore after everything that just happened. I guessed Bianca's popular squad had been invited for Elijah's sake, but he had only been focused on Mae. A few months ago, Elijah had told me to break up with Mae for him, but now he seemed all lovey-dovey with her.

Sort of.

Anyway, I went inside my house and collapsed on the couch to binge watch The Walking Dead and keep my mind off of everything so I wouldn't cry even though I sure felt like doing so.

I must've fallen asleep sometime during the show so when I woke up, the clock on the mantel of the fireplace read nine o'clock at night. I could hear my parents shuffling around upstairs so I figured the party must be over.

I went upstairs and stopped at my parent's bedroom door. My mom took one look at my face and crushed me against her, rubbing the back of my head. I immediately felt tears soak her shirt as I finally cried.

"Oh, honey. What's wrong?"

I sniffled and wiped my nose before I answered. Attractive, I know. "Uriah and I broke up because he's leaving for college tomorrow."

"Aw, that's okay. You can still keep in touch with him. It would be hard for you guys to have a long distance relationship and the first breakup is always the hardest. You're a strong girl; you will get through this," my mom said, placing her hands on my shoulders to hold me away so she could look in my watery eyes.

I thanked her and went into my room for the rest of the night. I slid under the covers of my bed and stared up at the ceiling to where I had put the Pierce the Veil poster. I'd put it there so I could look at it every night before I fell asleep.

A loud noise on the other side of my room had me sitting upright. Green eyes flashed to mine as a body filled my window. He knocked once on it, raising an eyebrow.

I hurried over and lifted the window. "Elijah?" I hissed, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Woah, why is your makeup running down your face? You look like a clown."

"Oh, fu-"

"Language, Ronnie. Anyway, can I come in? Scratch that, I'm coming in."

Before I could stop him, Elijah swept an arm out, shoving me out of the way as he climbed in my room. He casually took a seat on my bed, leaning against the headboard and patted the spot next to him as if he wanted me to sit there.

No way in hell was I going to do that.

I ignored him and sat down on my computer chair that I swiveled around to face him. "What do you want?" I demanded.

"My brother told you, didn't he?"

I didn't answer.

Elijah sighed, raking a hand through his hair. "I'm guessing you guys had to breakup because of it. I only came over to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, so you can leave now," I answered curtly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Mae broke up with me."

My jaw dropped to the floor. I mean, honestly, this had been the last thing I had expected him to say. They looked so comfortable together just a few hours ago. What could've happened in that span of time?

"Uh, why?" I wondered.

He narrowed his eyes on me. "I don't have to tell you the details."

"You know what? I was just trying to be nice, but forget it. You've probably had many relationships in the past so this one couldn't have meant that much. You don't even seem fazed by the fact you were dumped because you're used to it," I said a bit rudely.

He thought about that for a second before he agreed, "That's true. I've been in more relationships than I can count on one hand, or two hands for that matter. None of them meant anything to me."

"Wow, you're such a douche-"

"Because I knew I didn't actually love any one of them. Sure, I found a strong attraction towards them, but that couldn't be called love. They were fun while they lasted, but I was never upset when we broke up."

"Okay..." I responded, skeptically. I couldn't  understand why he was telling me this. I already knew he'd dated a lot of girls before and I knew he was a heartless jerk so there was no need to prove it to me.

"I told myself I'd know when I was in love. I thought maybe Mae could've been the one, but she wasn't. I haven't had my first love yet, Ronnie."

"Yeah, I don't really care about-"

He stood up suddenly and came over to where I was sitting. He placed his hands on the armrests of my chair and leaned forward so his face was just inches from mine.

"I want you to steal my first time falling in love."

"What do you mean?" I asked a little huskily. I couldn't concentrate with his full lips so close to mine.

"Make me fall in love with you. Uriah was in the way and I couldn't be your first love, so be mine."

**********

Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments so far! You guys are awesome!

Also, if you haven't done so already, I would love it if you could vote for the link in my bio. Please let me know when you vote so I can read/vote for your stories in return! Thanks for all your support!!! :)