fifteen

I paced around my hotel room waiting. I couldn't bare not knowing. I wish I could rewind time and tell him not to get in that Uber, or I wish I could have some magical powers and heal him. But I don't. I'm just me. I hope he's okay. He's not okay. He's dying. He could be dead any second. My thoughts are getting the best of me. I hope that stupid Uber driver got what he deserved. He's affected so many people who cared about Jordan.

Then my phone rang. 

It was the hospital number. I started to get goosebumps, I didn't want to know what was ahead. They said they'd only call me if something amazing happened, or something terrible happened. There's a 100% chance I'll be crying with either outcome.

"Mr. William?" The doctor asked.

"Y-yes" I stuttered. I could already feel tears rushing out of my eyes, I wiped my eyes with the hand that wasn't holding my phone and kept strong. 

"I'm sorry, but-" and that's when I knew it was over. Those 3 words killed me. 

"He's lost so much blood, and it's affecting his heart rate. He might not make it through tonight." The doctor said. 

"I-I-I" Was all I could get out.

"If you'd like to come visit-" He managed to say before I cut him off.

"I'm on my way." I said. I immediately hung up the phone and walked down the street to the hospital. The hotel I was staying at was only a 5 minute walk to the hospital. 

When I got there, I signed in and immediately bolted to Jordan's room. When I walked in, I heard the nurse go, 

"He's waking up!"

"Hello?" I asked.

"Perfect timing, he's awake." The nurse spoke. I signed in relief, he's still alive. He has a chance. 

"Jordan?" I asked.

"W-Will." He replied. His sweet voice, I missed it.

"How are you?" I asked him, leaning over the hospital bed.

"Why are you h-" He started, it took a second for him to catch his breath.

"Here?" He finished. 

"I needed to make sure you stay alive, because I care about you." I told him. He looked at me confused.

"You may not like me, but I for sure like you and I want to make sure you come out of this hospital alive, even if it's the last thing I do." I finished, I saw a small grin grow to his face.

"I" He started. 

"Love yo-" He said, as he fell back asleep. 

"Please exit the area, William" The doctor said, shoving me out of the room.

"What? Why?" I asked in panic.

"He passed out, it's not a good sign and we need you out of the room." He finished. They pushed me out of the room and closed the door. What's going to happen to him? Will he be okay? I pulled out my phone

will: i love you too jordan

will: stay alive for me, okay?