Intro - Part 2: A New Life [NATE]

Introduction - Part 2: A New Life

Over time, and as I grew older things changed.

My dad started going out each morning, getting drunk then coming back late at night with a new girl every time.

That would leave me alone to figure out how things worked around the house. I never bothered to go to school and mostly learned from the internet and TV.

By 11 I knew how to do the household chores, get some money, and get supplies all by myself. I was used to this life, always wondering how to end the pain I have caused and received. Even worse, an 'x' scar was permanently imprinted on my right hand, reminding me of that horrid day and how it is a tracing line for the next time I need a 'Helping Hand'.

Then, one night out of drinking, my dad never came back. It was on my 12th birthday, March 1st, when my father left.

He left a note on the counter with a couple fifty-dollar bills. It read "You have became to much to handle over the years Nathan, which is why I have gone to start a new life, without you. With all of your hallucinations, delusions, and mood swings, you've become hard to predict. I left some money for you to start off with. This is not a new feeling so get over it. -Your Father."

I crumpled up the letter in frustration and threw at the appearing Natemare. "I don't need you right now!"

What did my father mean by delusions and hallucinations? And I don't ever get mood swings!

"Oh, but I think you do." He said, smiling with his horrible fanged mouth.

My emotions got the best of me and I lunged at Natemare, which resulted in him disappearing and me falling onto the ground.

"Dang it!" I screamed.

I quickly got up and grabbed the fifty-dollar bills and stuffing them in a backpack along with a box of energy bars, 2 filled reusable water bottles, the rest of our money, a flashlight and some batteries.

I then reached my room, and looked around to see if there was anything I could use in there. Then, I saw it.

My Dad's survival Swiss Army Knife that he must have left in my room by accident.

I hesitated but then quickly took it and put it in the pocket of my jeans and the rushed downstairs, bursting the door open and then running to the backyard with lots of tree.

I ran for felt like hours until I finally collapsed on the ground under a large tree, crying, fogging my glasses.

After a while of crying, I felt drowsy and sleepy. I felt some arms take me and pick me up. They were not inviting but I was so tired that I fell asleep right away.

~ ~ ~

I found myself on an uncomfortable bed in a cell like room, a toilet and sink in the opposite corner. Then, I noticed the wall in front of me was clear and see through. A metal door was placed on the left side of the clear wall.

The doctor...

The doctor from when I was 3 was at the clear screen.

There was a speaker in the middle of the screen so that he could speak to me and I could speak to him along with a slot below the speaker that he could put stuff into.

"Glad to see you are awake Mr.Smith." He said, for once showing emotion. A slight smirk.

Anger boiled inside of me. "Why am I here?!?"

"Calm down." He said. "We have diagnosed you with Schizoaffective Disorder."

"What's that?" Me now curious, all the anger now gone.

"That means your not fit to be out around normal people."

"Wait, but I AM a normal person." I said, now confused.

"Why would a 'normal' person such as you claim to be in a cell?" The doctor said, his smirk increasing.

Once again, like the day I lost my mother to Natemare, the color drained from my face. They think I'm crazy so they put me in a cell. That's why I'm here.

I jumped off the bed and looked what I was wearing. It was a white jumpsuit with my last name, "Smith" sewn onto it.

I then ran up to the window in fury, right towards the doctor. Once I made it to the window, I noticed how tall the doctor was, intimidating me but I wasn't one to give up.

I threw my fists onto the glass, making a silent "thump" onto the window. The doctor was now smiling evilly, now holding up a small paper cup in his hands with some small cylinders, one red, one purple.

He then opened up the slot and slid the cup through before quickly closing it again. "Be a good boy and swallow these." He said.

I reluctantly took the cup and downed the pills, feeling disoriented immediately, like all my emotions were way less active.

"Woah." I said, my words slurred. I gasped and covered my mouth in fear.

"Yes, one of the side affects." The doctor said dully, as if he was bored. "Lunch starts in an half hour, I'll send my son to get you."

Then the doctor left and I was alone once again. This was such a weird place, I just got here so I don't know much about it but for now, I could make an assumption that this will be one of the worse experiences of my life. But things always change.

I went into the right corner of the window and started crying again, not knowing what was in store for me.

I just needed someone.

~ ~ ~

I heard my door open, metal creaking and slamming against the concrete walls.

"Heya!" I heard a upbeat voice say. It sound male.

Silent tears slowly slid down my face as I looked behind me. Obviously, it was the doctor's son but I didn't expect what I saw. The tears stopped as soon as I looked at him.

It was a boy around my age with brown hair, chocolate brown eyes and pale skin. He had a black long sleeve under a green vest that had some symbol on it, like a trophy. He had on blue jeans and black sneakers. He had a warm smile on his face, tinting my face a light shade of pink

"Um, h-hi." I slurred, my face turning from light pink to red for three reasons. 1: I acted weird around the boy, 2: I hadn't felt this... feeling in a while, and 3: The boy looked pretty cute.

The boy walked up to me with his hand extended. "Hello, I'm Matthew, but you can call me Matt. I'm here to take you to lunch and show you around."

I took Matt's hand and he pulled me up. "But your dad only said you would take me to-"

A finger was placed on my lips, Matt's finger. I froze, enjoying the moment, blushing lightly.

"Shh," Matt whispered. "My dad doesn't know. I never get anyone to play with so you'll be my new friend."

Now, if this was a random kid, I would have objected but it was Matt, so I couldn't say no.

"O-ok." I said, the slur still there.

"Great!" He cheered, which made me smile.

He took my hand and pulled me out the door, leaving it open. We rushed through the hallways, making me dizzy. Man, Matt could run.

Then, we stopped abruptly in a door frame. From the speed we were going, I tripped over Matt and slid into the room, causing other kids to look over at me. My glasses had gone somewhere, I could hear laughter, and I had just slid on waxed tile which resulted in lots of burns.

Well, this is just great

~ ~ ~
Feedback?
Please comment.

Thank you! Your feedback is appreciated!

-MINECRAFTINESSnet💜😈