Chapter One - Rosewood

Emily

Living in Los Angeles, California is a dream come true for many people. Hundreds, no, thousands of people would kill just to step on the airport we were at. And there, as they say, is where you'll find your true love, whether it is for the land, some pets, or more importantly, love for a partner. Sure enough, it probably is the right place. Because that's where I met the love of my life.

I looked overhead to check if Hanna, my girlfriend, had returned from her trip to the urinal. She has quite the bladder and she's been forcing her pee in since we drove to the airport. But underneath her quirky and girly personality is the person I fell in love with. Hanna has a heart of gold and she shares every thing she has to others, sometimes even strangers. She may not be a genius but I don't need a wise girl who only knows how to fend for herself. Sometimes, you only need a fool in love and you're all set. With Hanna, I found everything I need. And I love her so much.

Nothing can make me change my mind about marrying her.

"Hey," A person said behind me. "You ready to go?"

I turned around to see Hanna, with that melting smile of hers. God, she makes me so weak.

Hanna DiLaurentis-Marin is an intern at a high-end fashion designing company, and although she's still at the bottom -which she claims that that will be her spot forever- I know she'll be an amazing designer. She's got talent and even if she doesn't want to, she can be a model. Her looks that she says came from her grandma is classical and she's just literally perfect.

"Yeah, let's go." I breathed.

She nodded and took my hand as we walked out of the airport. We came to Rosewood to announce one thing: that we are getting married. I proposed to her a week ago and she couldn't wait to tell her parents, especially her Nana DiLaurentis that she always gushes about. She said that she is like the carbon copy of her grandma who she claims to be an advertisement actress in those old TV shows.

When I asked her to tell me more about her Nana, she frowned and said that her grandma and grandpa were only forced to marry each other. She said that her grandma was like her in a way because her grandma fell in love with a woman she used to talk to on the telephone. But she said that they weren't meant to be because the girl she loved couldn't make it to their rendezvous point by the pier when they were about to run away. Her grandma was heartbroken so she just chose to marry her grandpa. The woman she fell for lost contact and she became lonely ever since. But Hanna said that her grandma cheered up when she was born and she claims that her grandma told her that she'll do amazing things.

"I can't wait to see Nana. I bought her keychains and little wooden telephones." Hanna went on. "She loves those little thingies. Said it reminds her of her first love." She said, getting on the car.

"And they fell for each other through the phone?" I asked. "And it doesn't bother you that she wasn't really in love with your grandpa?"

She shrugged. "No one in the family likes my grandpa. Explains why Nana kept her maiden name when he was buried six feet underground."

I swerved as a car almost grazed us, "And you're all okay with it?"

"Yeah. I wish I got to know Nana's mystery woman though. She sounds hella hot." She said, blowing some air on her face and fanning herself.

I puffed. "Should I be worried?"

"No." Hanna hummed. "You're still hotter."

"I love you Han." I whispered.

"I love you too, Em."

***

The DiLaurentis-Marin household is what used to be the manor of Harold DiLaurentis which was passed on to the Rollins family, Hanna's grandparents. Then, when her grandpa died at thirty nine, her Nana inherited it all.