Closure

It's a wonder that they ever get out of bed, really. But mostly they sort of... don't. Not Liam, at least. Or he doesn't leave the bedroom. He showers, once, changes into Zayn's clothes twice. Eats lunch, dinner, breakfast the next day in bed without moving, because he's not sure if he can. He feels exhausted, in a delicious way that makes his toes curl against the sheets.

It's disappointing, watching the marks he'd left on Zayn's neck and shoulder with his teeth, the scratches he'd dug into Zayn's back fade as he gets back up. But it's satisfying, pining him down and making them all over again, over and over.

Logically he does have to leave the room eventually, but Zayn looks just as reluctant to let him as Liam is to actually do it.

And he's regretting it as soon as he goes downstairs for lunch, wearing Zayn's clothes, Zayn's marks on his skin, Zayn's scent ingrained into him, probably as much a part of him as his own is, by now.

"He finally let you leave," Louis teases, as Liam sits down at the table with a roast beef sandwich. "We were about to send a search party, make sure Zayn didn't have you tied to the bed."

"Did," Zayn says, snatching a carrot off Harry's plate. "At one point, at least."

Liam flushes, and if he were close enough he'd slap Zayn's arm. "Zayn."

"Don't say his name like that," Niall pleads. "Ever again, Liam. Ever again."

"Vampire hearing," Louis adds. He smirks at Liam. "Didn't take you for a screamer. Probably should have, though."

"Oh, God." Liam buries his face in his hands, reluctant to uncover them and look up because Louis' teasing, he can take. But the knowledge that, yeah, everyone had heard them, including Niall and Harry, is too much.

Zayn settles in the seat next to him, grabbing Liam's wrist under the table, rubbing soothing marks against his skin. "Fuck off, Louis," he adds.

"What?" Louis demands. "You knew we'd hear you. In fact, I think you're happy about it, you possessive fuck."

Zayn sighs, leaning in to kiss Liam's neck. "Ignore him."

Liam nods slowly, eating his sandwich. Niall won't meet his eyes, so Liam stops trying. Harry, on the other hand, is watching him curiously. "So how was the concert the other night?" he eventually asks.

Liam's eyes widen, and he looks to Louis, who seems just as shocked that Harry knows as Liam is. "What concert?" Niall asks.

Zayn stiffens a bit next to him. "The one Louis snuck Liam out to see."

"Oh." If he's expecting Niall to get upset, he's sadly mistaken. "Cool. Was it fun?"

"You don't – you don't care?" Liam asks.

Niall shrugs. "Why would I?"

"Because I'm not supposed to leave?" Liam suggests. "Because we broke the rules?"

"You're allowed to leave," Harry says. He looks at Zayn, almost defiant. "Whenever you want."

"We already talked about this," Zayn hisses. "Drop it, Harry."

"I won't, actually," Harry says sharply. "I know you talked about it, but you didn't exactly give him permission, did you?"

Liam thinks back. No, he hadn't, really. He'd said he knew Liam would asks, that he figured it would happen eventually, but he never actually said Liam was allowed to leave, did he? No, he didn't. "I can, then?"

Harry nods, and Louis grins, like he's already planning hundreds of things for them to do, things that Liam has a feeling will get him either killed or at least seriously in trouble. "If you want," Harry adds. "And you can come back whenever you want, or if — if you'd like to leave for good, that'd be okay, too."