You Promised| Zack x reader

I walk around Gongaga, I live here. But I've never been the same when Zack became a SOLDIER. It's lonely, To have your childhood friend out there and you don't even know what has happen, how is he, is he still alive?

All these questions are always in my mind, everyday.

We got kicked out once when ShinRa Turks are investigating the place for Zack. It scared me. They wouldn't tell us why.

A month later. We were able to return back home. And I received a letter. I wasn't sure on opening it, though.

~ 2 years later~

I open my eyes, I was woken up by a knocking sound.

"Coming!"

I quickly opened the door and saw a boy with blond hair, his eyes blue as the sky.

The same eyes I loved

"May I help you?"

"Ah, I'm Cloud Strife. I was the one who sent the letter. I'm willing to ask you about joining us."

"Please come in.", I gestured and he mumbled a "thank you" and went in shyly. "Please sit", he follows "What is this about?"

"(Y/n) (l/n). You are a mysterious girl, but Zack often talk about you. I know you have something hiding. We need it to save the world."

"Why so?"

"Sephiroth's remnants."

"W-wait. Sephiroth the silver general hero?"

"Correction; former."

"What happened."

"Turns out he's another form of JENOVA. A monster."

"How do you know Zack?"

"He was a friend. I'm his legacy."

"W-wait.. what do you mean?"

"It's best you read you letter.", He hands a card "Just in case you change your mind.", You took it gently and nodded

"I'll be off now."

It was a Letter from Zack.. the whole time?

~Next day~

Walking back from the market, I felt something cold on my neck

"Big brother black sheep is here yesterday. Do you have mother?"

"I don't.. who is your mother?"

"Quit lying, you are friends with big brother black sheep, I saw him yesterday from this house.", the stranger points my house.

"Who are you?"

"We're his younger siblings..", another voice cooed

"And your worst nightmare.", my eyes widen and dodges the killing shot

"What do you want. And whatever it is I don't have it!", I said

"Mother."

"Who mother!? There's a bunch of mothers in this world."

"JENOVA."

I gasp

~~~~

"Sephiroth's remnants."

"W-wait. Sephiroth the silver general hero?"

"Correction; former."

"What happened."

"Turns out he's another form of JENOVA. A monster."

~~~

I stare at them with anger

"I don't have her.. nor do I ever know NOR do I ever care.", I said bluntly

"You should watch yourself girl.", the one with longer hair said

"I'm serious."

Honestly 75% of what I said is true, I don't care of the world anymore, I lost that one person I loved, my family died from geo-stigma, I couldn't help them.

"I honestly don't care anymore whoever you three are, I am just here. doing my daily life not even knowing what's happening outside Gongaga.",

I haven't open the letter yet..

They turn away and leave

" Thank you.", I nod and walked away towards my home.

~~~~

I immediately fix the groceries and open Zack's letter.

--

How are you?

I'm sorry I haven't been sending you letters lately, I know you're mad. Feel free to. I hope you're conscious to know that this will probably be my last letter to give you.

You see, back at Nibleheim, where JENOVA was kept, Sephiroth lost himself and With Cloud, We both stopped him, but he was so strong that.. I had lost consciousness.

Soon, I woke up inside an experimental case, and had to break out of it. Turns out Hojo had experimented on us and now we're on ShinRa's wanted list. I'm writing this while I can.

I'm sorry I can't keep my promise. But I'll always be beside you, I promised that too.. right?

Well, I'm out of paper to write, I'm sorry We had to leave each other like this..

Do you remember our garden of promises?

Take care of it of me?

-Zack Fair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You bastard..

But what can I do..

When did I ever rejected any of your favors...

"Mama?"

I look down and saw my adopted son, who coincidentally looked exactly like and is named Zack.

"Yes honey?"

"Why are you crying?", He pull me to his height and wiped my tears, I didnt even noticed so it shocked me

"Mama is just happy... Sorry if mama made Zacky worried.", I giggled

"Who made you cry mama? I'll punch them!", He posed with one hand on his hip and the other poiting upwards

"I'll tell you when you've grown up, Alright?",