"How? I've been trying to owl him all week!" I frown. Is father mad at me? Elliot presses a finger to his lips, trying to get me to stay quiet.

"He's been occupied, lots of meetings," He answers, "But, that's beside the point. I spoke to him today, and he wants me to tell you that you have to enter the Tournament. It's essential to the greater plan," He explains, now in a complete whisper.

I have to enter, even if I don't want to? Up until this afternoon, I was positive that I'd enter, no matter what father said. But, at dinner, all those things Dumbledore was saying, it really freaked me out. I don't know if I have the bravery, or even the knowledge to be in that competition. I'd be representing Hogwarts, and if I did badly, I would be the biggest disgrace to walk these halls.

I've just turned 17, I think someone, a 7th year perhaps, would be better suited to take on this great task.

"Why can't you enter?" Is first thing I say to him.

His serious expression is turned to one of sympathy, and concern. He reaches out and pats my shoulder, comforting.

"Don't be scared, Flo," He says, calling me by my nickname he used for me when I was a small child, "You'll be great," He assures me.

"What will me participating in the Tournament, have anything to do with the master plan?" I ask, frustrated.

My heart beat quickens, knowing that what father says, father means. Maybe if I could get a hold of him, and tell him that I can't possibly enter the tournament, that he'd change his mind. I'm his little girl. He wouldn't want me to get killed, would he?

"It's important, that's all I know," He nods his head. Perhaps he knows more than he's letting on? Father said he'd be allowed to join in those private meetings, once he graduated from school.

I look up at Elliot, my big brother, one that I've looked up to for as long as I can remember. Tears start to fill up my eyelids.

"Elliot, I'm scared," I whisper, my voice cracking slightly.

I watch his eyes fill with pain, and he wraps his arms around me, tightly. He rubs my head, in comfort. Now, I can't help the tears from falling from my eyes. I wipe them quickly, hoping my make-up isn't smeared all over my face.

"Shh, Don't be scared. You should never have to be scared," He whispers, still holding me close. "There is a low chance that you'll even be picked, I saw many people putting their names in the Goblet after dinner. And, even if you did get picked, Dumbledore and the Ministry would never let anything hurt you. They're completely redoing the Tournament; making it more safe," He promises.

With each word, I calm down a little bit more.

Soon, the tears stop falling, and I only have a case of the sniffles. Elliot lets go of me, and takes a step back, looking back at me.

"Meet me in the Common Room at midnight. We'll sneak out and put your name in, alone. If that makes you feel any better?" He suggest.

Sure, we'd be breaking curfew, and if Filch caught us, we'd be sent straight to Snape, but that did sound good. I didn't want to put my name in the fire in front of everyone. I'll look like a scared, pathetic girl, that doesn't have an inch of bravery in her; so, they'll see me for exactly who I am.

I nod and sniffle some more. Elliot leans over and kisses my forehead, like the good big brother he is, before going back into the Common Room.

* * * *

"Are you sure you're alright? You've been acting strange all night," Skye asks me, while we snuggle into our beds.

I curse myself for having such perceptive friends. Fallon was persistent in figuring out what was wrong. He could tell I had been crying when I returned to the Common Room. But, I lied, saying that my eyes were watery, because I had been yawning. He dropped it once my temper started to flare up.