2

"I'm home mum! And Niall's here, with Liam." Harry's mum comes rushing from the kitchen to greet them. She has a kind smile on her aged face, teeth straight, and hair frizzy.

"Boys! It's nice seeing you again. How was school?" She hugs both Liam and Niall then turns to her son with the same smile she gave his friends. 

"It was good, met someone new." Niall gives Harry a strange look. He had in fact not told his friends yet of this new person he met. He gives Niall a guilty smile and shrug. 

"Who'd you meet? You were with us the whole time." Liam adds to the look Niall gave him, he once again feels guilty for not telling his best friends. 

"Oh, uh, never mind." Tomlinson's, he still doesn't know his name, words keep repeating in his head.

'Pretend nothing happened, got it?'

"Come on let's go up to my room." He pulls Niall by his arm and drags him upstairs, Liam following.

"Ow, let go." Niall whines, Liam gives Harry a glare for hurting his boy. He releases Niall and apologizes to them.

"What's up with you, Haz. You've been acting different since lunch." Liam pulls Niall to his chest, Harry sighs and sits on his spinning chair. Before lunch ended, Harry put a shit ton of foundation on his bruised cheek.

"Nothing, I'm fine." He spins throwing his head back. Liam nods unconvinced.

There is no way he's telling them what happened during lunch, well maybe not at the moment.

The duo chat about shit and how they spent the summer when Harry's phone rings.

He's rather quick to answer it not looking at the caller ID, "uh hello?"

"Is this Harry?" Strange, he doesn't recognize that voice.

"Yes, this is him. Who's this?" Niall gives him a strange look causing him to shrug.

"It's Ed, we worked on the class work for Mr. Dave's class." His lips form an 'o' shape.

"Oh, haha, hey Ed!" He answers with more enthusiasm than before.

"Hi, I guess you forgot you gave me your number." He shyly replies, cute.

"Oh, yeah I'm sorry. What's up?" He sits back and spins in the chair.

"I was wondering what you're doing this weekend." Is he asking me on a date? Harry thinks, making his insides warm.

"Are you asking me out, Ed?" He smirks, Niall's eyes widen and a smile forms on his face, Liam eyes him carefully. He's always been protective.

"Uh, y-yeah. That's only if you want to, of course." Harry's smirk turns into a warm smile.

"Yeah, I do. It'd be nice to go out. When and where?" Harry spins around before coming to a halt.

"Friday night. I'll pick you up at 8 sharp. Oh, and a surprise." He adds in at the end, whispering as if he's telling a secret.

"Great, see you then." He hangs up with a sigh.

"Who's Ed? Why is he asking you out, didn't he just meet you or something!?" Liam exclaims loudly.