chapter 12

"Hey, guys, this is Rover," Raffles introduced. "He'll be staying with us. Rover, I'd like ya to meet Max, Duke, Lem and Clem."

"How can you tell one from the other?" Maisy asked.

"That's the challenge." Raffles whispered. "Even they can't tell each other apart."

This caused for Maisy to giggle.

"Wow, I had a tough day," Rover came over to the other dogs. "I wanna relax. Hey, whatya do for fun around here?"

"Well, after dinner, we usually get together and howl at the moon." Duke replied.

"I can hardly wait," Rover deadpanned. "So whatya do after that, play 'Watch the Wheat'?"

"Come on, fellas!" Danny called out.

This made the dogs eagerly and hungrily rush over to get their dinner.

"Whoa." Maisy said.

Danny laughed as he carried a pail of food and the dogs hungrily came around him and he threw out dog food with gravy and corn mushed up into it as he then poured it for the dogs to eat.

"Sheesh, where's Joe the Cook?" Rover grumbled.

"This is the food you are stuck with." Maisy said.

"I don't know if Rolly would even eat this..." Patch cringed at the food slightly.

"Patch! Maisy! Colette! Time for dinner!" Pongo called out.

"Oh, boy, see ya Rover!" Patch rushed over in excitement.

Maisy laughed and joined him.

"Oh, sure, leave me here..." Rover groaned. "No respect, I tell ya, no respect at all."

Ellie May seemed to enjoy the food however. Rover seemed disgusted by how Ellie May could also enjoy the dog food.

"Hello, Dad." Patch smiled.

"Oh, Patch, it's wonderful to see you, look at how much you've grown." Pongo smiled to his son.

"I was here last summer, Dad." Patch smiled.

"Oh, I know, but you change every time I see you." Pongo chuckled.

"Yes, you really are a handsome young dog." Perdita agreed.

"He sure is." Colette smiled.

Patch blushed to her.

"Hello, Colette, wonderful to see you again." Perdita smiled to the cocker spaniel puppy.

"I'm happy to back, ma'am." Colette smiled as she bowed.

"Would you like to join us?" Pongo invited.

"I would love to." Colette beamed.

Everyone was soon eating dinner. Patch helped Colette out a little since it was a lot more crowded here than her own home.

Nanny smiled to the puppies and then went inside to see Roger and Anita for their own dinner. And where she also saw Atticus and Atlas. "Oh, a couple of guests to stay for dinner?" she then asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Atlas said as he set Tripod down to join his brothers and sisters to their dinner. "I hope that's okay."

"It's quite alright, at least then we have more mouths to feed." Nanny smiled.

Atlas and Atticus chuckled as they then came inside the Dearly house to have dinner.

"I really like that Atlas guy." Tripod smiled.