Chapter 2

NOTES: For those trying to find "Only Fuse with You" and messaging me: I've put it under M rating due to the content.

This chapter will contain swearing.

The beach was surprisingly close to the barn, if by close you mean ten miles...Peridot had ran that length, not looking back, just wanting to get away from Lapis. When she got to the beach, she took a breather...panting and gasping for breath. She could hear the waves gently smoothing into the land. She then walked over to the water and just stared out at sea...she sighed sadly, trying to ignore what had happened...if it did happen but she felt it obviously had, there was no doubt about.

She picked up a pebble and chucked it in the water...though this wasn't what she was trying to do. Steven had taught her how to skim flat stones on the water and watch them bounce five or maybe six times...it wasn't that hard but Peridot found this difficult. She picked up another stone, a lot flatter this time...and chucked it but again, it just sunk with a splash. This simple activity was starting to annoy Peridot, she started to grumble and frustratingly picked up another pebble and chucked it with some force and again, it just plopped into the water, hardly bouncing once. Peridot screamed in anger and started to kick the sand but this didn't seem to resolve anything...and slumped on the warm sand, then sitting with her legs close to her face in a fetal position and began to cry and tucked her head in...it was never about the stupid pebbles...it was the thought of the mistake with Lapis.

PERIDOT: (Sobbing) I've...r-ruined it...

Peridot had been crying for some time now...the only person on the beach, with only the sounds of waves to company her. Until she heard a voice behind her.

VOICE: Peridot...?

Peridot's face looked horrified, she gasped as she easily recognized the voice. She figured that Lapis flew here and plus the fact that Lapis could see afar while in the sky and then she started to shake...she knew Lapis was behind her and soon, she frowned...trying not to give away the fact she had been crying.

PERIDOT: Ugh.

LAPIS: Why did you run off like that?

PERIDOT: Just leave me alone, Lapis.

LAPIS: No. Not until you answer me!

PERIDOT: You know why...

LAPIS: No, I don't! I don't know why. (Shrugs) I...just thought-

PERIDOT: (Interrupts) What, you just thought it's what we wanted? What YOU WANTED? What...I wanted...?

LAPIS: And... didn't you?

PERIDOT: (Nervous chuckle) Of...of course I did...

LAPIS: Then what's your problem? You...you ran out like I was some sort of monster!

PERIDOT: I...didn't...(Sighs) I didn't want it to be like this...

LAPIS: Like what...?

PERIDOT: A drunken fucking mistake, okay?!

LAPIS: A mistake?! You think...w-what we did last night was...a mistake...?

PERIDOT: Just go away!

LAPIS: TALK TO ME, PERIDOT! DON'T DO THIS! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!