Chapter 2

~1 day left until moving~

What seemed like forever finally came. I was finishing packing up my things and getting ready to move out of my parents house.

Freedom.

I can't wait to finally relax and not have to worry. I will finally get to hang out with Jack. Then maybe, just maybe I will be happy.

I hear my phone go off, noticing that Jack has texted me.

Jack: "Are you free to hang out this weekend? We haven't seen each other in a while."

Me: "Yes, actually, I am free this weekend. What do you plan on doing?"

Jack: "Well, I was thinking we can hang out at my apartment and maybe play some video games."

Me: "Sounds like a plan, see you soon!"

I smile as I put my phone down.

Finally.

I go out into the kitchen to grab something to eat. I notice that my mom is currently gone, and my dad's sleeping. Perfect. Peace and quiet.

I open the fridge and look inside, finding nothing. I close the fridge door and open the cabinet. I look inside for a while until I hear a door open. I look at my parents bedroom door to see my dad standing in the doorway, rubbing his eye.

Great.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" He snapped at me. I stayed silent for a moment, tempted to get an attitude with him. "Answer me when I'm talking to you!" He said in a stern tone. I jumped, "N-no, I don't work today." I felt nervous. I always felt nervous being home alone with my dad. My mom's not the best. But when she's sober, she's alright. Not perfect, or good. Alright. Just alright.

He growled and turned away, grabbing a beer out of the case and sitting in his chair, in front of the tv. I rolled my eyes as I grab some chips, taking them back to my room.

I can wait until tomorrow. I won't let this get to me.

Maybe people are right, I should be used to this.