Prologue

T

H

E

B

E

G

I

N

N

I

N

G

(Or the prologue if you want to be picky)

13 years before the story takes place

"Well," an ugly old man rubbed his hands together. He looked like a fly. A younger man of about forty looked at him nervously. "What?"

The old man smiled. "My magic daughter has just born. I have had her delivered to a mortal family. The mother is under the impression that she was pregnant. They have an older boy; I hope he treats my daughter well. In thirteen years I will send her a dream. Her name is Clio," he added, and looked at the other man expectantly and raised his ample eyebrows.

"What did I say, Ganymede?"

Ganymede looked thoughtful. "You said in two million years you'll look up at Zeus in the sky and, um. . . ." he trailed off, looking at the old man's face. He was rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

"What?!" Ganymede asked. 'You can't expect me to hear everything, Hades! I'm only thirty, and-"

"More like thirty million," Hades muttered.

Then, in an even quieter voice, he said: "but it doesn't matter. In thirteen years, everything in Clio's life will change..."

[A/N: yes, I know it's short. VERY short. I might post more of this, but definitely not the whole story. This is just to see how popular it is...

And expect all the chapters to be über-short, because that's an issue I have.]