Chapter Thirty Five

Começar do início

"Tell me what's going on," Trunks demands, his hands curling and uncurling into fists. His mouth turned to cotton as he waited for the answers he seeked.

"One year ago, King Kai, Kabito Kai, and Old Kai came to us and said there was a great evil making its way through the universe," Vegeta starts. Trunks' eyes lock onto his father, watching him intently. Vegeta continued.

"They said that it would threaten the lives of those we loved and we would be powerless to stop it." Vegeta scowled deeply at his own words, the thought of being told he wasn't strong enough disgusting him.

"So we went with them back to the kai planet to train," Goku picks up, holding his still crying wife. "We didn't want to endanger you all, so we didn't tell you. Only the adults knew, because they were there when Kabito appeared to tell us."

"I'm assuming Xicor and Lila are the evil you're talking about?" Bulla asked. So this was the first time they were telling this story. Goku and Vegeta both nodded.

"Kabito said that they would arrive on Earth in a year. They were early," Vegeta says. "Other wise we would have been there to kill them."

"Do you know?" Gohan asks his father. "About Xicor?"

Slowly, Goku nods again. "King Kai told us that part while we were training. At first, I thought he was lying, making things up to make us train harder. But as he started to describe Lila, I remembered her from Yardrat. Up until that point, the only Kai I had met was King Kai, so it didn't really click that's what and who she was. She was acting all strange around me, but I just played it off. But I do remember how she was eager to be the one to carry my dirty dishes away." Goku rubbed the back of his head, looking angry. "I guess that's how she got my DNA."

"So she is a Kai?" Krillin asks. "That's what I thought she was when they first arrived at Kame House, but I never knew a Kai to act the way she did..."

"Lila was thought to be dead," a voice suddenly says, causing every head to look up at the ceiling, as if that's where the speaker would be.

"Well looks like you thought wrong," Nate replies, frowing. His mother shot him a look that he ignored.

"Indeed," Kabito Kai agrees. "Many millennia ago, Lila was known as the Western Supreme Kai. She, like us all, was a god of creation."

"Yeah, we got that much before her son pounded our faces in," Aki mutters. Kabito continues as if she hadn't spoken.

"During her time as a Kai, Lila created three different races. The first were the humans. Unsatisfied with them, she then created a species very closely related to the humans." Kabito paused for a moment. "This was the saiyan race."

A heavy silence fell over the room. Trunks swallowed, looking around, his gaze lingering on Vegeta, whose face was a mixture of surprise and anger.

"What was the third one?" Marron asked. "The third race Lila created?"

"They were a race similar to the saiyans in the sense they were centered around fighting. However, they quickly died off due to internal wars and conflicts that were never resolved."

"So what does all this have to do with how you all thought Lila was dead?" Goten asked the Kai.

"After the third race died off, Lila began experimenting with the genetics of the other two races she created - along with many others that she hadn't," Kabito explains. "The results were monsters and warlords that were pretty quickly taken care of but the rest of the Kais. A few slipped through our grasps, which lead to problems down the road. Lila was never happy with any of her experiments, saying none of them were worthy of the life she had given them.

"Finally, the Kai council had enough of her ways. We called for an official meeting, planning on revoking her title as a Western Supreme Kai and putting an end to her so called research. However, before we got the chance, there was an incident involving one of her new projects. We thought she had perished, but it is now clear that was not the case."

"So, what, she's just managed to stay hidden all these years?" 18 asks.

"Up until a year ago, when we were made aware of her presence again," Kabito replies. "As Goku and Vegeta said, we called them to the Kai planet to train in hopes they would become strong enough to defeat Lila and her creations once and for all."

"If that's the case, where the hell were you when they appeared yesterday?" Goten asked, glaring at his father, his arms crossed over his chest. Trunks blinked, surprised at the tone Goten had adopted.

"Like Vegeta said, they came early," Goku tells the group. "We thought we'd have another week, so we went to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a year of training. Even with everything we had done on the Kai planet, both of us had leveled, not getting any stronger after a few months of training. So we thought we'd try the Time Chamber as a last ditch effort..." Goku's hand tightened into a fist. "They must have been lying in wait, ready to attack while Vegeta and I had our guards down."

Trunks' head swam with all this new information. A rogue god of creation, the real reason why his father and Goku left, the fact that Goku admitted neither saiyan seemed to be able to grow stronger at the moment, and, most of all, the fact his question from earlier still hadn't been answered.

"That didn't answer my question," Trunks says, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. "Where the hell is Moon?"

No one answered him for a long time, and with each passing moment, Trunks' heart rose further and further in his throat until it was practically crawling out of his mouth. Then, slowly, Vegeta looked up at his son.

"They took her. Lila and Xicor have Rosamoona."