Chapter One

One week earlier

                                                                                ***

"Lilley! Wait up!"

I was running across the front lawn of the school trying to catch up to her. She stopped and turned to me. She was crying and there was a bruise on her face.

"Oh Ky, I was looking for you. I can't take him hurting me anymore Ky, please you have to help me."

She hugged me tightly and i wrapped my strong arms around her. I hated this. I hate what he does to her, and this isn't even the worst. When she tells me of the more horrible things I just want to kill him. He shouldn't be alive.

"Lilley I'm so sorry baby. I wish I could just take you away from here and we could go live on our own."

She was calming down now but still fairly upset.

"That would be nice. He wouldn't ever be able to hit me or force me to be with him again."

I stiffened. "Lilley?"

She looked up at me and I gazed into her bright silver eyes.

"Yes Ky?"

"Did he? Did he... do those... other things again?"

She buried her face into my chest again and sobbed. Her answer was very quite and in between sobs but I heard it loud and clear. It made me see red, that one little word did.

"Yes."

I hugged her even tighter. I didn't want her to ever leave the safety of my arms again, I never wanted to let her go.

I can't imagine the horrors she has been through and is still going through. It especially pained me that I couldn't stop it from happening, that I couldn't save her.

 Just then I heard screaming and shouting coming from the other end of the lawn and we both looked over to see what it was.

Before I could register who it was and what was going on Lilley shot out of my arms and ran into the building.

I was confused as to why she would do that and was about to run after her when all of a sudden I was grabbed by the arm and spun around.

"Where is she!"

I was completely lost as to what was going on and didn't even realize what was going on. Whoever was holding me shook me.

"I said where is she!!"

The persons breath smelled aweful, it made me want to puke. I finally looked up and saw who was holding me. I jerked my arm free and leaped back about five steps.

I kept moving away from him because I knew if he got close enough to me that I could touch him I would do everything in my power to harm him.

"Stop moving away boy! I know you are her little boyfriend and I know you know where she's at! Tell me now."

I was furious and all I could think about was hurting him as much as he hurts her day after day.

"I don't know where she is! And even if I did I wouldn't tell you! You'll just take her home to abuse her more!"

After screaming at him I ran off into the building to go find Lilley. Luckily no teachers had seen my confrontation with her dad and I saw he was leaving the campus so I slowed down not wanting to get caught.

I knew exactly where she would have gone so I headed to the Band Annex. Sure enough as soon as I burst through the doors and into the empty room I heard her crying.

I walked over to where she was curled up in a corner and picked her up cradling her in my arms. I sat back down still cradling her and rocked her trying to soothe her tears.

I wiped her face and kissed the top of her forehead and whispered in her ear that I loved her. She lifted her face to mine and kissed my lips sweetly.

When she pulled back she stared into my eyes and framed my face with her hands.

"I love you with everything in my soul Ky. Promise me you won't ever leave me. Promise me that as soon as you can you will save me from this hell."

I hissed her softly and hugged her wishing that I never had to let go.

"I promise Lilley. I promise."

We sat there in the corner for many hours after that just holding each other and occasionally kissing. We would've stayed there forever had it been possible but the bell for fifth period rang and people started coming into the room getting ready for rehearsal.

I knew there was no way I was going to go to the last three periods of school so I grabbed Lilley's hand and we walked to my car.

My parents are at work until two hours after school gets out so I knew we'd be safe going there so I started driving in the direction of my house.

I hated that in a few hours she would have to go back to her house and face that horrible man again but I knew that if she didn't it would make things much worse.

For the rest of the day and well on into the night my mind was consumed with thoughts of only one thing.

How I am going to save Lilley.