CHAPTER Part 9

Singhania spent years trying to look for Dilna but came empty handed. The police, army security agencies and private detectives looked for her. He spent in the thousands but nothing was found. She just vanished into thin air. There was no evidence what so ever. After 5 years Singhania gave up and left for the states. He returned back completing his studies after 5 years. He started again with the hope she might have come back when she learnt that he had left the country. Still no luck. He lived like a hermit. Only Murali knew what had happened and stuck by him. He was angry at the beginning but when he learnt what exactly happened but later decided to forgive his cousin when he saw the terrible pain he suffered missing his love. Singhania lived one day at a time. He kept himself busy during the day and nights he went home to sleep. He was one of the most eligible bachelors in the city. Many mothers and daughters tried but he was as good as a dead post. He went for parties with Murali and rudely dismissed any woman who tried to talk him into a dance or drink.

17 years later he got the shock of his life when he came face to face with his son. He then realized why Dilna left. If she stayed there would have been many embarrassing questions and regardless what was happening in the house Singhania would have forced her to marry him. Dilna was hurt but she would never harm a kid of theirs so the only option left was leaving without a trace. He often thought god punished him for his unforgivable sins when he did not get any information about Dilna. Then he showed some mercy and put him in front of his son. His hopes soared sky high but now again it was grabbed away from him. There was no redemption for him. His pleaded with god to bring her back into his life so he could right the wrong. What reached his had was just snatched away from under his nose. Singhania messaged Murali and sat outside near the manmade pond. The ducks were all in their cages and there was absolute quiet early in the morning. He was staring at the pond when Murali walked in. He was not surprised to see the state Singhania was. He knew this man from his childhood. The only thing that moved this strong confident ruthless man was his Dilna. He made up his mind to stay with him no matter what when he combed the country looking for Dilna and could not find her. Now out of the blue she comes back with a son and lives in the same city as them. He knew what had happened yesterday "Raghav sitting up the whole night drinking and loosing hope is not going to sort the problem. He is a kid. He loves his mother so obviously he would say what he did. When he saw her crying he did what he thought was right. Give him time. He says he loves you so I think you should wait before jumping to conclusions. Lets wait for tomorrow and see how bag things are and then plan out something".

"From the day I met him in school I started to live and then hope which I had completely lost. I dreamt first of getting my son then her". I know my girl. She will not stop him from seeing me, but she will not back into my life. I want her back in my life along with my son. This time I will not survive their loss. Please do something Murali, get her back in my life, please" Murali's heart bled for Singhania. He was not surprised at his friends pleading. He would walk on nails to get that lady back in his life. "Ok Rags first things first stop breaking down. We will do everything possible to get them back in our lives. I promise you I will help come what may". I feel dead from the time I saw that message. Now Ragu also will hold a grudge as I made his mother cry". "Rags don't assume anything, first let's get you to your room and you are going to sleep. When you wake up let's see what can be done" He helped him off the chair and led him to his room. Once he laid down he pull the cover over him, pulled the curtains in switched the light off and walked out closing the door gently. Murali went to the guest bedroom which was permanently his changed and went to bed. He too was up the whole night wondering what the hell happened. He knew Dilna was hurt over something and was looking devastating. She would not allow Rags to come near her but he thought that was because the house was preparing for Priya and his wedding. Dilna was the sister he never had. A sweet and gentle person whose whole world evolved around her Radu. Dilna and Radu were a close knit unit into which only Murali was allowed. Raghav Singhania protected his Dilna like a tiger did its cubs. Many loved little Dilna. Her beauty, innocence and the lovely human she was but she reciprocated her love only to her Radu. Every other relationship was secondary and could wait. It was a common joke in the house that if you want to meet Raghav first try finding Dilna. He will be where ever she was. So what happened so many years ago and why did Dilna run away when she knew she was pregnant and the baby was his. It was one trump card she could have used to make Raghav Singhania her and no one could have said no.

Is Murali right or is he giving false hopes. Will she come back or go missing again. - Please vote and comment.