Bobby

A couple shows later, I found myself having an anxiety attack backstage of the Chula Vista concert.
Every time i'd look at him i felt like breaking down. I heard Robert rapping in the background, the booming beats of the music and his voice reverberating through me. I felt tears sliding down my cheek.
Why are you doing this right now after living with it for 15 fucking years?!
I sat on the ground, leaning against a box with some random, I dont know, shit in it, for God knows how long. I heard footsteps behind the doors of the utility closet I was hiding in. The feet stopped in front.
My head shot up.
I realized it wasn't Bobby's voice i heard anymore, it was Gerald's intro music. The door slowly opened and a tall figure stood over me. I already knew who it was.
"Bobby,"
I dropped my head in my hands again, I was definitely embarrassed.
He made a little "aw" sound and easily pulled me up and held me. I sighed, hugging him.
After a few seconds of me sniffling, he pulled back a little to look at my face. I probably had mascara running down my cheek.
"Wanna tell me what's wrong?"
I shook my head, clearing my throat, "How did you find me?"
He chuckled as he lead me out of the closet and towards his dressing room,
"Marty and Grady were looking for you so I used Find My iPhone,"
I allowed a smile to play along my lips.
As we reached his room, i slumped on the couch, wiping away the dried tears and makeup. Crying was exhausting. He sat, facing me, on the coffee table in front of me.
"Why were you crying in a closet?"
I closed my eyes, trying to think of an excuse,
"I was missing my Dad, that's all."
He groaned, rubbing his face, "Don't use your dead dad to cover up the truth."
I opened my eyes, scowling.
He smiled a little, resting a hand on my knee, squeezing,
"Please tell me,"
I shook my head, standing up. His hand fell off my knee and just hung against his thigh.
"I cant, i just cant!"
He stood up too, making his way to the door to block it,
"Yes you can! Please, i hate seeing my friends sad and crying in closets!"
I rolled my eyes and turned to look at myself in the dressing table.
My eyeshadow, lipstick, foundation, concealer, were still intact.
Just the mascara was ruined.
I pointed to the makeup bag on the table,
"Jess wouldn't mind if I...,"
Bobby shrugged, his arms crossed over his chest.
I picked up the mascara bottle and applied some to my lashes.
"Hmm, this is great. I need to buy this-"
Bobby scoffed, trying to get back to the point,
"Ken,"
I groaned, closing the bottle and dropping it back in the pastel pink bag,
"I was just thinking of someone, okay?!"
I wasn't lying.
He cocked an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes,
"Who?"
I turned back to the mirror and ran my hands through my slightly curled hair.
"That's not important."
I huffed and walked towards him and the door. He stood his ground.
"Are you serious?"
He nodded, "Dead serious."
At this point i just wanted to go back to my closet and cry.
He spoke up again, softer,
"I hate seeing you like this,"
I turned around and walked over to the couch, patting the seat next to me.
He literally ran over, ecstatic that he finally got through to me.
I told him everything.
How i was in love with my best friend of 17 years. How he doesn't feel the same about me, why I was struggling to keep it a secret.
After a minute of throbbing music in the background, he let out a long exhale,
"Oh, wow, well, I mean, you don't know that he doesn't feel the same about you for sure?"
He said the last part in a high tone and in the form of a question.
I was confused, "what the fuck are you talking about,"
He sighed, running his hands through his short hair,
"Maybe he feels the same about you and he's been hiding it just like you have,"
I contemplated that, What if he did feel the same way?
I heard the crowds of fans cheering and Blizzy randomly beating the drums into an outro.
The concert was over and the after party would begin.
Bobby sighed, standing up and holding out a hand,
"C'mon, we got a party to get to,"
I took his hand and we walked out into the hallway towards the back exit of the arena.
I suddenly felt naked in my black crop top, high-waisted shorts, and my black vans.
Nah you just wanna look good for him.
Can you blame me?
We passed by a body guard holding my black windbreaker who was holding it out to me and i grabbed it, thanking him with a huge smile. I remember when Gerald took me to Pacsun and i went all crazy on the store, buying almost everything. This windbreaker was special because it was a part of one of my favorite memories with him. I put it on and adjusted my hair, almost reaching the exit. I heard the screaming fans that couldn't make it inside to the show, waiting for someone aka Gerald to walk out.
He rubbed my back and squeezed my shoulder, "You'll be alright,"
I looked over at him and smiled, hugging him.
He turned back around to go get Jess and the rest of the guys.
As i watched him walk away, i felt alone.
But yeah, he was right.
I will be alright.