Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"Elizabeth!" I yelled across the vacant street, in astonishment. The familiar blond whipped around, probably recognizing my voice. Her face lit up, as she spotted me from across the street, "Annie!" She screamed.

We both took off and met in the middle of the street. She embraced me in a massive hug, right there in the middle of the street. We practically squeezed each other to death, before finally letting go. We pulled away, looking each other in the eyes.

"Oh my gosh, Annie, I've missed you so much!" She said, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"I've missed you more!" I said, grinning along with her. "What are you doing here?" I asked, confused. She'd only moved a month ago, so what the heck is she doing here again?

"My grandma's decided to come live with us, so Mom, Dad and I are here to help her pack up all of her stuff." She replied. I was definitely glad she was back, but I wish she was back for good. "I was going to come surprise you tomorrow after you got out of school, but here you are!" She said, motioning to me in spastic arm motions. See, this is what I love about Elizabeth she basically just like me, but in another body. Wait, let me back up, I was like that before the whole thing with Jacob.

"Well, I'm glad you're back, even if it's just for a few days." I said, trying to look at the positives and ignore the negatives.

"Me too." She said, looking past me over my shoulder. "Is that Lexi Cooke and Josh Lakers?" She asked, looking from me to them.

"Oh crap, yeah that's them. Come on." I said, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards Lexi and Josh. I had almost forgot they were still standing there.

"Guys, this is Elizabeth." I said once we'd reached them. Lexi and Josh smiled at Elizabeth, recognition passing through their eyes.

"Oh yeah, I remember you." Josh said, sticking his hand out for Elizabeth to shake. She looked at his hand and giggled, "I don't shake hands, I hug." She said, opening her arms wide. Oh wow, way to be weird Elizabeth. Josh, however, didn't need to be told twice. He hugged her loosely, then stepped back, a slight hint of pink in his cheeks. I laughed quietly at Elizabeth's forwardness, she never has met a stranger. I guess you couldn't quiet call Josh a stranger, because he went to school with us, but you get the point.

"It's nice to see you again, Elizabeth." Lexi politely added.

"It's nice to see both of you again too." Elizabeth replied, shooting Lexi a bright smile.

Suddenly Elizabeth's phone started ringing. She slid it out of her pocket and studied it for a moment. Her eyebrows shot up in realization, "Oh! I forgot Dad was waiting for me."

"I gotta go, but it was nice seeing you, Lexi and Josh." She added, then turned to me. "I'll see you tomorrow, Annie, but pretend to be surprised when you see me!" She said, winking.

"Bye!" I yelled after her as she ran back across the street. She turned around to wave then disappeared into a store.

A car horn beeped, making me look around. Aly was parked in a parking place, waiting for me. "I think that's your sister." Josh said, looking in the same direction as me. "Yup, that's her." I said.

"Thanks again for inviting me, I had a great time." I said, hugging both of them.

"No problem. Remember you have to sit with us tomorrow at lunch." Lexi said.

"I will, don't worry!" I said, smiling, as I turned towards Aly's car.

"Bye!" Lexi and Josh called as I got in the car.

I waved one more time, then pulled the car door shut. "I take it you had a good time." Aly said, studying me. "How can you tell?" I asked. She smiled, "Your face. You're smile is bigger than I've seen it in a while."

I leaned back in the seat, still smiling. "Yeah, I guess I did have a good time."