~The Eldin Caves~

Weeks passed, and you had learned everything about what had happened while you were asleep. It turned out a beast by the name of King Dodongo had been used as a distraction so the wizard that led the monsters could take the castle, and they succeeded, whats worse, the princess had gone missing.

Since the search for the princess began, you and Link became amazing partners in battle, you had come to find out that Link was pretty protective of you for some reason, you didn't mind it though, infact, you liked it a lot.

Impa had heard of a rumor that a handful of soldiers were holding out against the monsters in Faron Woods. The leader of this resistance was supposedly a young woman. You could tell Impa was hoping this unknown woman was Zelda as she explained this to all of you.

The fastest way there was through the Eldin Caves, and as you knew, it had it had many dangers of its own.

That night the plan had been put together, everyone had gotten as much rest as they could, and you all were making your way to the caves.

Everyone was walking in the direction of the caves, weapons ready in case of an ambush.

You, Link, and Impa all walked together, you were curious why Impa gave you this honor, but you didn't dare question it.

As you all walked quietly through the night, a thought came to mind, and you decided to talk to them.

"Um...Link, Impa?" You spoke nervously. Link gave you a slightly surprised but soon listening look, while Impa seemed curious. "Yes (Y/n)?" She asked.

"Um...W-Well, I...um..." you stammered, unsure of how to word what you were trying to say.

You barely had time to notice you had stopped walking and Link and Impa had aswell.

For some reason, Impa smiled. "You don't have to be nervous to speak to me, (Y/n). I may seem cold, but only when I need be." Impa chuckled slightly, which surprised you greatly.

"I-It's not that I think that way of you Impa! I-I-I just-um, don't know how to say what I'm trying to." You scratched your neck nervously, looking at the ground.

You felt a hand on your left shoulder, and you glanced over to see Link looking at you with his kind, warm smile, and you grinned slightly. You could have sworn you heard Impa chuckle and mumble something like, "These two are so perfect together.." But you weren't sure.

"Well...I just...wanted to say thank you for everything you did for me when we fought off the dragon knight." You finally said. They both seemed surprised, and gave curious glances.

"I... never really got to thank you both for protecting me, you two nearly got killed because of me that day... so I would also like to apologize." You looked away again.

Impa and Link both made a faint sound of shock.

Impa walked closer to you and put her hand on your other shoulder.

"(Y/n), there is no need to be sorry for such a thing, you were in a time on need, and Link and I refused to let that knight kill you. Every soldier is of importance to me, if I am ever there, I do not let my comrades be slain." Impa spoke with a serious but heartfelt tone.

You couldn't help but smile at this.

"Thank you, Impa."

Impa smiled slightly, and nodded.

You looked at Link. "You too, Link." You winked. And Link chuckled slightly as he nodded.

"Now then, we'd best hurry." Impa spoke with her usual tone, and walked on.