the one with the pureblood's tale

Don't tell anyone that
the big bad wolf is a
puppy in disguise.”

"THESE-STUPID-KNOTS!" I growled as I struggled to untangle my hair with a big comb. The split ends were poky and the hair had grown too long. Probably because I hadn't had a haircut in nearly two years. The red locks almost reached my hips. I had to cut them. They were too curly and too frizzy and I can't. Especially next to Draco perfect-hair Malfoy? Nope.

"Literally, my life every day," said Hermione who had already untangled her hair but it took equal effort. She had it in plait and I didn't even attempt to plait mine.

Today was the day of the Third Task. The boys had gone down to the hall for breakfast. Actually, almost everyone had gone down. Hermione decided to wait for me.

"So much magic and not a single charm for this-this nuisance," I growled as I yanked down the last knots, breaking off several strands of hair. Running my fingers through my hair, I twisted it in the back of my head into a thick bun. Then I stuck in a couple of quills, securing it. I stuck my wand in too.

"Let's go, Mione! Duty calls," I cheered grabbing my bag and walking out. With a chuckle Hermione followed.

Breakfast was a very noisy affair at the Gryffindor table on the morning of the third task. The hall was a mess. Everyone was excited because of the Third Task. Also, today the exams ended with History of Magic. But obviously, we didn't have the exams.

"Are those quills in your hair?" Harry asked as I slid in beside him.

"Yep. You want one? Your hair's long enough for a bun."

Ron snickered and Hermione slammed the huge history book on the table (deliberately making us jump) and flipping to the pages of study.

"The Goblin Rebellion is the most important topic. Revise it," I pointed. Hermione, nodding furiously, began revising it.

An origami crane flew to me from the Slytherin table. I grabbed it and saw a picture of a witch standing with the Triwizard Cup. I looked at Draco. He winked and sent me two thumbs up. I laughed a bit.

He drew quite well. I wondered where he learned to.

The post owls appeared, bringing Harry and me good-luck cards from Sirius. It was only a piece of parchment, folded over and bearing a muddy paw print on its front, but I appreciated it all the same. It was cute and endearing. I loved Sirius Black.

A shriek owl flew in and dropped Hermione's copy of the Daily Prophet. She read the heading and shrieked. Ron caught a glimpse and tried very hard to hide it.

Harry however saw it.

"Hermione, I'm telling you how Rita Skeeter is getting her information. She's an unregistered animagus. A beatle. Red with spots for her glasses. Catch her in a jar," I said. "And give it to me. I'll smash it-"

Harry was ridiculing the article when Professor McGonagall came in.

"Potter, Firegold, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast," she said.

"But the task is not till tonight!" said Harry, accidentally spilling scrambled eggs down his front, afraid he had mistaken the time.

"I'm aware of that, Potter," she said. "The champions' families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them."

She moved away. Harry gaped after her.

"She doesn't expect the Dursleys to turn up, does she?" he asked Ron blankly.