Chapter 1

I was born in a very small town, where everyone knew everyone's name. There were only fourteen people in this town, not including me. The town was called Lee.

Not too long ago, before I was born, there was this huge war between our town and the next town over. Over two hundred people were burned and killed. Only fourteen people remained.

Now, keep in mind that this is the year 11 AD. Yes, that's right. I was born in 12 AD. After Jesus rose from the dead and way before the United States was founded. So, if it was possible for Jesus to rise from death, then it was certainly possible for me to do it as well.

It was weird, because my parents knew that I was special, but they didn't know how special. I was just six years old when I found out that I had any magical powers. I accidentally fell off a giant boulder and broke my arm. (Ok, it wasn't that big, but to a six year old... it was pretty big!)

I ran to my mother and was crying because it hurt so bad. When my mother checked it, it wasn't even broken, but I knew that it was when I fell.

When I was eight years old, I died in a horse carriage accident. My parents were driving down the dirt road and there was a cliff. My father always told me to steer clear of that cliff, but something spooked those horses that day. I think it was a snake or something. Well, anyway, the horse carriage went over the cliff and my family and I died.

I woke up a month later. (Yeah, that's right. I died and then I woke up.) Something was licking my face. When my eyes focused, I saw something that still haunts me to this day. My parents skeletons.

I looked to my left and saw a Golden Retriever standing over me, still licking my face. I blinked.

"Hey, boy." I said.

The dog whined and I realized my legs were still under the horse carriage. I wiggled out of it. I watched the blood dry up and the skin reattach itself.

I stood up and patted my new friend on his head.

"All better!" I said, happily.

The dog barked and looked up at the cliff.

"Ah, I see. How are we going to get up there?" I asked him.

He pointed to a ledge that wound itself up the cliff. I nodded and followed him up the cliff.

When we got to the top, I cheered and the dog cheered with me.

"Now... what do I call you?" I asked him.

He looked over the cliff and blinked. I nodded.

"Alright. I'll call you Clifford. Cliff for short." I grinned at him.

Cliff barked happily and we headed into town.