Are lying to me?

The next few days, Trina and Alex have been going out everynight.
Tonight she was performing with big Sean, but first she had to talk to her mom about something.

Trina walks up to mother and said "hey mom, can I can talk to you alone."
Cookie nodded her head and said "what is it sweetheart?"
Trina said "would you ever lie me?"
Cookie said"of course not."
Trina said "are you lying to to me now?"
Cookie said "what are you talking about?"
Trina said "don't worry about it, I got to go perform."

Before her performance, Alex had texted her and told her that he was here and that he was proud of her. He heard the song and was not mad about it all.

When Trina and big sean was performing, Jamal spotted alex

When Trina and big sean was performing, Jamal spotted alex. Alex saw him and came over.
Jamal said "mom, I would like for you go meet Alex, he is a friend of Trina."
Cookie said "are you just a friend, or more then a friend?"
Alex looked at Jamal and then back st cookie and said "Ms. Lyon, I am in love with your daughter, we have been going out for a weeks now, I care for her deeply, and I know she cares for me to."
Cookie said "well, first of all call me cookie, and second if my daughter is happy then I'm happy.
Everyone smiled.
After the performance, trina changed and went to meet her family.

When she got over there, she saw Alex and her mother talking

When she got over there, she saw Alex and her mother talking. She quickly walks over and said "hey what's going on?"
Cookie looked at her daughter and said "well, I was just talking to Alex and he seems like a nice gentlemen."
Trina said "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
Cookie said "I'm not mad, well I was at first but I see he taking good care of you."
Trina smiled and said "where's dad?"
Hakeem said "who's knows."
Cookie said "I'm going to punch him in the face, not showing up and congratulations his daughter."
Trina said "mom its fine, something must of came up."

As they continued to party, a young man came up to Trina and said "this is for you." Before she could say anything, the young man ran out the club.
Cookie said "what is it?"
Trina opened the letter and read out loud and said "cookie and lucious, the time has come to tell Trina the truth."
Trina said "so your not lying to me, huh?"
Trina ran out of the club and Alex ran behind her to make sure she was OK.
Jamal said "mom, what did you and dad do?"
Cookie just looked in disbelief