twenty

IMPORTANT! Guys, I really need to finish this story really soon

IMPORTANT! Guys, I really need to finish this story really soon. It has been going for two years now, so I need to speed it up a bit. I'm afraid I don't have the time and impulsion to write anymore. I lack inspiration and so many things are going on with my life... Anyway, thank you for reaching this story to 32k reads!! I never imagined it! Enjoy!

I was ruined inside. My mind was covered with a black cloth. Everything was shut down. My emotions were scattered at Max's apartment. Eyes were closed, but sleep couldn't take over me. I couldn't make it through all of this. I was afraid of the day ahead of me. Of how I would face it. The new dawn surely was going to bring changes. I was certain that Max would be devastated, betrayed or even outraged. I never told him what I saw that night. I couldn't. But deep down I knew far too well he took in who I saw. 

I left his house without a second word and stormed to my hotel. Words were unnecessary. I didn't dare to look into his hurt eyes as I collected my pieces of clothing and putting them on quickly. He didn't speak either. And that was what I was scared of; his reaction. How much can a person forbear? How long was he willing to wait? He was a man. And like any other he had needs, needs I could not fulfill. I didn't want to lose Max. Call it stupidity or selfishness. Back then, I couldn't figure out how I felt and what was right for me to do. I was helpless. drowning into the sea of my emotions, but no one could help.

I couldn't see Louis. I didn't want to admit I was having sexual hallucination with him. And his face would be there to remind me that. I was sick. And our relationship, even though it was just professional, made matters worse. Any contact with him was driving to madness. I felt like I was playing in some kind of a drama-comedy movie. I had to save myself. I had to quit.

                                                                               ~~~

The following day mr. Peterson and Louis signed the contract, making the deal official between the companies. The president informed us that there would be a reception in the evening to celebrate the success.

I was relieved that the trip was actually coming to an end, without me falling to a mistake. And when I'm talking about 'mistakes', I mean any close interaction with Louis. I spoke little to him and only when needed, in my attempt to protect myself. I couldn't ignore the fact, however that he was staring at me intensely the entire time, trying to earn even a slight glance from me. But he was unsuccessful. What I did pay attention  to was Vesper's constant flirting with him. I unconsciously gritted my teeth every time her blue eyes roamed his body or gave him a smirk. I wanted to punch her- well- both of them.

 Moreover, I noticed her whispering into his ear after we had finished the meeting with an anxious expression, trying to push her away. I gathered all of my papers lying on the desk in front of me and passed them as I made my way to the door.