Imagine #16 - The Paparazzi Cause Trouble

"Zac, Zac! Over here! Who's this you're with?!" Photographers bellowed from behind the park fence, charging up to the two of you.

As soon as he saw the paparazzi, Zac had dropped your hand and stepped away from you. You had gawped at him, shocked that he wanted to pretend you hadn't been together for 6 months and were completely in love. Nevertheless you were forced to continue with what he started, otherwise you would have been papped having an argument.

Eventually the paparazzi died away, disappointed that the two of you didn't seem to be anything more than friends. As soon as he was sure they left, Zac reached for your hand again. Snatching it away, you looked at him incredulously.

 "Are you joking?" you asked.

"What?" He looked confused.

"You acted like you barely knew me 5 minutes ago!" you reply, rolling your eyes.

"Oh that," he says, elongating his words as he catches on. "I did that for you."

Staring at him in disbelief, you open your mouth a few times, unsure how to respond. Zac gets the hint and goes onto explain.

"If the paparazzi take photos of us together as a couple, it'll get into newspapers and magazines not to mention all over the Internet. Female fans tend to react negatively towards the girlfriend of their favourite celebrity. I don't want you to be subjected to that," he says, tone matter of fact as if it's simple.

"Zac, I don't care about what people would say! I knew all that would happen when we started, it comes with the territory," you respond, hands exasperatingly flying all over the place. "I just want to hold my boyfriend's hand in the park like a normal couple."

"We're anything but a normal couple though (y/n)!" Zac replies, just as exasperated as you. "I hate having my private life splashed all over tabloids and being followed by photographers! I don't want you to have to deal with the same."

"I. Don't. Care," you say slowly. "I want to be with YOU and that comes with it. Now you can either hide away and let your job choice control you, or you can enjoy life! I can always make my social media accounts private as well."

Zac wasn't completely convinced, you could tell by the slight pout that formed on his lips as he mulled over what you said.

"Zac!" you almost cry out, feeling as though you could tear your hair out in frustration. He jumps at your exclamation. "I love YOU! So much and I can't handle hiding that! I want to share cute photos on Instagram and be that annoying PDA couple in public! I don't give a flying fuck about what other people think. So if that's the only reason you want to hide in public then stop!"

"Are you sure?" Zac mutters after a while. You nod quickly, not quite meeting his eyes, embarrassed about your outburst. "Well in that case..."

He grabs you by the waist and pulls you towards him. Your foreheads rest together and you stare into each other's eyes for a second before Zac kisses you passionately. After what felt like a lifetime he pulled away, both of you breathing heavily.

"Thank you," he whispers, forehead resting against yours again. "And I love you too by the way. So much."

Read more of my work: https://www.wattpad.com/user/thefemaleauthor1

Support me: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/theauthoronline