Chapter 6 - Boyfriend

"Mark, I'm so nervous..." Jack paced in his bedroom. Mark sat on Jack's bed, watching his jittery friend bite his nails and shakily walk around the room.

"Hey, it's okay. He's seen you guys perform already, now you just have to show him what else you've got. Just have fun, you guys are so talented and I have absolutely no doubt that you guys won't get this record deal. You can do this." He stood up and grabbed Jack's hands. Jack stopped pacing and looked up at Mark. Jack's eyes were clouded with worry, but Mark's sparkled with encouragement. Jack's heart slowly stopped racing, becoming calm as Mark rubbed his knuckles with his thumb. "Jack, you guys will do amazing. I know it." He planted a small kiss to one of Jack's hands.

"But... What if we don't? What'll happen to our band?" Jack whimpered, looking down at his feet.

"Jack, you are so talented, amazing, beautiful, adorable, funny, kind, humble, sweet, and so much more than I can even list or begin to explain. And I love you so much." Mark used his finger to lift Jack's chin so their eyes locked in a perfect harmony of color. "Jack, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked softly.

Jack swung his arms around Mark's neck and hugged him tightly, "Yes!" He hugged Mark, happy tears glistening his baby blue eyes. Mark wrapped his arms around Jack's waist and hugged him, a bright smile gracing his face as Jack nuzzled into Mark's neck. "Mark, I love you so, so, so much!" Jack pulled his head back and looked at Mark with happily sparkling eyes. Their arms remained wrapped around each other as they gazed into each other's eyes. Jack slowly leaned forward, his dilated eyes flicking between Mark's lips and eyes. Mark met him in the middle and their eyes fluttered shut as their lips brushed against each other. They moved their lips together, sharing a passionate first kiss that sent their hearts racing. Jack moved one hand up to play with Mark's hair, using the other on the back of his neck to hold him close. Mark kept his left hand on Jack's waist and used his right to gently rub shapes and circles into Jack's back. Electricity raced up their spines and they never wanted to part. Jack moved his hand from the back of Mark's neck to cup his cheek, his thumb brushing gently across his stubble. After a few moments, they both pulled away to gaze at each other's lovestruck faces. A small smile curled on Mark's lips as he kissed Jack again. And again. And again. Small, sweet pecks to his beautiful boyfriend's lips.

"You. Are. So. Amazing." Between each word Mark spoke, he gave Jack tiny, loving kisses. "You can do this." He stopped, cupping Jack's cheek in his hand and resting their foreheads together.

"Let's go!" Danny called from the kitchen. Jack quickly ran to the door, grabbing his boyfriend's hand and dragging him along with a huge smile on his face.

"They have the drum kit there, right?" Jack asked as he lowered the seat and climbed into the very back of the van.

"Yes, they do, stop asking!" Arin laughed as he rolled his eyes.

"Just making sure! I don't wanna seem irresponsible or unprepared." Jack chuckled. Mark climbed in and sat next to him, lifting up the seat so Suzy and Arin could sit next to each other in the middle. Felix put his feet up on the dash of the car as Danny backed out of the driveway before driving off down the road.

"Wrong way." Felix stated simply.

"You didn't tell me which way to go!" Danny groaned.

"It's okay the GPS is rerouting... Make a U-turn." Felix laughed at Danny's frustration.

Jack looked out the window, watching the trees and scenery fly by as the two in the front bickered and the two in the middle talked about video games. Suddenly he felt something heavy on his shoulder. He turned to see Mark had layed his head on Jack's shoulder, looking up at him with adorable puppy eyes and a small smile. Jack giggled, running a hand through Mark's hair before resting his head on top of Mark's. He grabbed Mark's hand, lacing their fingers together as he closed his eyes. He felt completely peaceful, listening to the loud commotion of everyone else in the car. Everyone was so distracted that they hadn't even noticed the boys in the back half-cuddling.