The Sum of U + Me (Kunikida Doppo)

Start from the beginning

You showed up after school to your math teacher's class. No one was in the room except for both of you. The room was filled with empty desks, no sound, it was perfect.

"Oh hey, (L/N). I pulled out a chair for you so you don't have to sit back to your seat." Kunikida gestured towards the chair in front of his desk.

"T-Thank you..." you bowed slightly as you sat down on the chair and began pulling you supplies out from your bag.

"Alright. Now about this test. What did you think after you took it?" Kunikida took out the test and laid it down in front of you.

"I thought I did well..."

"The ones you missed most was equations. You miscalculated here and then got the wrong x." he tapped the answer that was marked wrong.

"Oh maybe because I messed up the exponents??" you pondered out loud.

"Exactly. Right here. You were supposed to multiply 10 eight times, not to 10 times 8... I thought you already knew this."

"I thought I did as well... Maybe a careless mistake?"

"Anyway, your weakness on this test was algebra, specifically equations. So I have some worksheets here that you can solve right now..." he handed you a few papers as you quickly began solving them.

"Ok, I'm done." you handed him the finished paper as he looked at you with his eyebrows raised.

"W-What? That was only a few seconds!"

"I know. Equations are easy."

He took you paper as he scanned through it with a frown. "I suggest you take this seriously and not rush it. I don't even need my answer keys because these answers are impossible to get."

"Oh..."

"(L/N). Are you trying to get bad grades to show people that you're dumb? Are you perhaps doing this for the guy you like?"

You blushed intensely. "S-Sensei! I don't have any one I like in class!"

"Well, if you do, that boy isn't worth it. You need to be yourself, that's the most beautiful part of being you and everyone else." Kunikida preached as you just blinked in surprise.

"I-I mean..." a pink dust started to form his cheeks. "Just be you and don't change who you are."

You smiled to yourself a little, feeling a bit victorious that Kunikida would say something like that to you. You felt greedy that you had those words from his all to yourself and no one to ever hear it.

'Be myself, huh....'

So as the years goes by and the graduation are getting closer and closer, you were determined to keep you math grades at top. All your other subjects were better than normal which was good. But still, your math grades were not so hot and Kunikida has been taking you to all kinds of places for tutor. A small bakery shop, a family restaurant, a coffee shop, library, those kinds of places. And truth is, you were getting sick and tired of the tutoring but you just wanted to extend your time longer with him before you graduate and go to collage and never see him again.

Your final last score on the math test was a huge 100, and Kunikida was so proud of you that he couldn't help but to give you a pat on the back and on the head.

"See? I knew you could do it. You're a smart kid, you learn very quickly."

You blushed a bit on the compliments he gave you. Although you were happy about the praise, you felt guilty. You weren't really happy with your grade, even if 100 is the highest you can get since there was no extra credit.

[ ✓ ] 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 | 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara