The Sum of U + Me (Kunikida Doppo)

Start from the beginning

"Makes sense since you have a crush on Kunikida sensei~" your friend teased as you covered her mouth, your face flushed.

"S-Shut up! Don't say such things out loud!!" you scolded as the girl laughed.

"Why don't you just confess to him?"

You turned your head to the friend and gaped. "Are you serious?! Of course he's going to turn it down! No way he'll date a student! Is that even legal?!"

"Then I dunno what to tell you. This is our last year in high school, so better make it last! Gotta go take my retake for the math test! I got a fricken 67...." your friend looked at you with a bummed look.

"And that's why you should study." you said, putting your hands on your hips.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever..." and with that, she went back in the class, leaving you alone.

The walk home was too quiet without your friend. So your mind was filled with your math teacher and the advance class all of your teachers kept bickering about.

'My last year of high school... I can't believe it's been 3 years already... It felt like just yesterday that I was a 1st year....' you pondered aimlessly, heading back to your home.

TIME SKIP

There was another bell reverberating through the school as Kunikida began his lesson in math. He stacked up the test papers and began passing back the grades down the aisle.

"I'm passing back the test you took last week. This is one of the three important math tests you'll have this whole year. It counts most of your grades so if you got a low score, most likely that'll bring you down from an A to a B-." he announced. When he finally reached to you, he handed you the paper but there was a bright pink post it note on it saying, 'Please see me after class'. You peeled off the post it note to reveal your final score which was a huge red 59%.

Your best friend who was sitting beside you looked over with a worried look on her face. "(F/N) chan, you alright?"

You just stared at the test in front of you, unable to think. Keeping your eyes on the test, you just nodded slowly. You didn't think that this would of happened to you...

Just like Kunikida ordered you, you went up to his desk after class during break time. You handed him back the test as he took it and took in a deep breath.

"(L/N). I really hate to say this to you because you're my top student but-" he waved the test. "I'm very disappointed in you."

You hung your head low as you felt tears surfacing your eyes but you blinked them away. "I'm sorry, sensei..." was all you could say.

"What's wrong? Did you not study? Did one of the curriculum stump you? If you need my help, I'll be glad to tutor you." he offered.

And then a bright idea came into your mind. Tutor. Your favorite teacher. Tutoring. You. It was perfect. "What do you mean by that?"

"Why don't we start after school? We'll start looking over this test to see your weak points and then I'll give you some worksheets regarding those subjects and we can work on them together. Sounds good?"

You couldn't help but to smile wildly. "Yes! That would be great!"

"Good, then meet me at this class after school."

"Yes! Thank you, Kunikida sensei!" you bowed so fast and since you weren't paying attention to the fact that you were so ecstatic, you banged your head onto the desk, letting out a whimper.

"(L-L/N)!! You ok?!" Kunikida stood up from his desk, looking at your with a shocked look on his face.

You smiled sheepishly as you rubbed your forehead which had a slight red mark on it. "Y-Yeah... I'm fine, I just got a little too excited..." you waved goodbye, still smiling but inside you, you were embarrassed as hell.