Between the Right and the Real part 5

Start from the beginning

In one swift movement Andy had me pinned to the door. I felt a rush of longing towards him. He took my face in his hands gently and kissed me passionately. At first I tried to push him away, but gave in when he persisted. When he finally let me go I was gasping for breath.

“How well can you keep secrets?” he asked me, slightly panting himself.

“Depends on what the secret is.” It took me a minute to answer him.

He kissed me again, softer this time. “Can you keep a secret about us?”

“I have about my feelings for you for months.” I gasped. “The only people who know are the ones smart enough to figure it out for themselves.”

“So Charlie knows you have feelings. Do you think she’d notice if we started—”

“No! Charlie’s too preoccupied with her own life to notice too much of mine.” I managed to get out before he hungrily kissed me again. “But what about Hanley?”

“You’ll figure something out to tell him.” He kissed me again, this time picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist before carrying me to his room.

“Andy I—”

“Are you a virgin? Oh god! I should have thought of that! Are you okay with this?” he spoke quickly.

“Andy, I’m not this girl. And no, I’m not a virgin. Why the hell would you think—never mind. I’m just not the type of girl to have sex with you just because you finally decided you wanted something to happen between us.”

“Oh, right. Sorry. I’m just used to dating girls who have sex with me on the first date.” He shook his head and set me on the bed. “So, I usually take a girl on a couple dates before asking this, but will you be my girlfriend?”

He pulled me close to him and pulled the blanket over us. “Yeah.”

I couldn't help but smile as I slipped into sleep.

“Emily wake up.” Andy’s voice invaded my head and he violently shook me awake.

“I don’t want to go to school!” I whined as I sat up.

“You have to Emily.” He threw a shirt at me.

“But—”

“No excuses Emily.”

“No, Andy I’m really not feeling well.” My stomach lurched and I jumped out of bed and ran as quickly as I could to the bathroom, emptying it in the toilet.

“Emily? Are you okay?” I felt Andy holding my hair back.

“Actually, I feel better.” I stood up and brushed my teeth, going back to Andy’s room and changing.

“Emily, you’re sick. You’re not going to school today.” He called through the door. “You probably have food poisoning.”

“I feel better Andy, really.” As I spoke the words I felt sick again, bolting out of the room and vomiting in the toilet again.

“You just complained about not going to school and now you want to?” He sighed, tying my hair back with a hairband. “I don’t understand you.”

“Most guys don’t.” I groaned. “How could this happen?”

“By eating contaminated food, not properly cooked food—”

“Rhetorical question Andy, rhetorical question.” I glared at him as he handed me mouthwash. I swished it for thirty second before spitting it in the toilet and flushing it, going into the living room and laying on the couch. “I can’t stay home by myself when I’m sick.”