Two

The merchant's breath has become somewhat labored, but nothing compared to your breaths. "Are you ready to give in yet, (Y/n)?" He smirks at you. Before you can reply or the merchant can attack again, a voice cuts through the thick silence.

"You two seem to be having loads of fun."

You look up to see a man with long black hair in a braid and vicious red eyes.

"May I join you?"

You glare at the man as he jumps off of the tree and lands swiftly onto the ground. He smirks as he walks toward the two of you. The way he walks screams errogant asshole and his eyes show overconfidence. You tsk at him and look back over to the nasty merchant. All of his previous confidence and glee from before has completely vanished and his skin has gone pale. His eyes dilate and his mouth is left ajar. The smirk on his face had been replaced with trembling lips. Although you enjoy seeing him so scared and helpless, you had to wonder why he's so petrified. You raise a brow as you look back over to the mysterious man who had interrupted the fight. You finally notice the rukh surrounding him. There are tons of them, but they were black instead of white. You have never seen black rukh until now. Your thoughts are interrupted when the mystery man begins to speak, though you barely pay attention.

"Joe! What a nice surprise!" He begins, looking at the merchant. "I remember the last time we talked. I see your wounds have healed up since then." His evil smile fades into a frown as he looks over to you. He's surprised to see that not only white, but blue rukh follow you. Quite a bit of it too. He raises an eyebrow. Blue rukh? How is that possible? "And who might you be?" He asks, his attention now fully on you. The merchant sees this as a chance and tries to run away, but the black-rukhed magician just zaps him with a weird wand. When you don't answer, he waves his hand in front of your face in an aggravated manner. "Hellllloooooo," he sighs, "don't ignore me when I speak to you!"

Your head snaps up and you look into his slightly pissed-looking eyes. Out of nervousness, you say the first thing that comes to mind. "Why is your rukh black? I've never seen them like that before." You look into his eyes, dazed, as he looks at you in amusement.

"Black rukh is actually quite common from where I come from," he states. "Blue rukh, however, is not normal." He squints his eyes slightly and quietly examines you. A small smirk appears on his face as he asks you, "What's your name?"

"(Y/n)."

"Well (Y/n), I'm Judal," he introduces himself, his voice silky smooth.

"I have a question Judal," you look him straight in the eyes, not a trace of fear in your (e/c) ones.

"And I might have an answer," Judal replies simply.

"Why is there so much rukh following you?" You ask.

"That's because I am a magi," he replies, waiting for a reaction.

You have heard of a magi. They are highly powerful magicians and are loved by the rukh. Now that he had mentioned it, you had once heard of a magi named Judal. He is supposedly really strong and feared. He loves fighting and could kill anyone in an instant. You look up at him and see how he could be so menacing. Now you understand why the merchant, Joe, had been so afraid of Judal. Speaking of which, you turn to the ground beside you to see Joe twitching on the ground. Note, don't get on Judal's bad side. You look back up to Judal, as he was taller than you, and keep your eyes steady. "Cool," you reply.

His eyebrows raise for a minute as he stares at you unblinkingly, and you stare back.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Judal doubles over as he laughs and tries to stay balanced. He wipes away a few tears from laughing too much as he calms down. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but I have never gotten a reaction like that before!"

"What kind of relation do you usually get?" You ask curiously.

Judal gives you a sideways glance as he gets out his wand again. "Fear, eyes dilating, panic, running. Maybe a little bit of admiration. That's what I usually get. But 'cool'? Never. You are an interesting one, (Y/n)." Judal points the wand at you and he smirks once more.

Judal looks down at your sword and he gets a curious look in his eyes. Looking back up at your (e/c) eyes, he puts his hands on his hips. "Ah, so you wield a sword, huh? Is it a normal sword or is it a vessel?"

You become curious, wondering where he's going with this. "It's a vessel, and a very powerful one at that."

"Then why didn't you use its powers before?"

You sigh. "That merchant has a wand that can stop me from using its powers or any other power for that matter. But he can only do that to people with weaker skills than him. At the moment, I am not at my prime." You cross your arms, slightly irritated at how weak you have been.

Judal smiles wide. "In that case, let's have a battle!"

~~~~~~

I added another part tonight, 'cause why not and I feel bad about being late on the Lawliet x Reader. Hope you liked it!!! Bye~