CHAPTER 8: LOSS

remember to like and comment if you liked it

You shuddered at the sound. It sounded strangely familiar. You turned your head around to find the person with the name "y/n" but no one was there. You wondered if the man who called that name was referring to you. The man had chocolate brown hair and blue grey eyes. He was looking at you with a strange look on his face, almost terrified. Then something inside you woke you up from your thoughts, a voice inside your head telling you that you had to finish your mission. "No witnesses soldier." the voice of your boss in your head. You had to kill the man in front of you.

"Who is (y/n)?" you asked to create a distraction.

It worked extremely well because the man in front of you was now still like a statue with a terrified and broken look on his face. Why do I have so much effect on him? You wondered. You examined him fully, his weight, his position, his mass so you could find the hit that would immediately finish him. You decided to go for his neck and his legs. You ran towards him but he didn't move. You quickly placed your palm on the back of his neck and kicking his legs you threw him down. He fell down and he still didn't make any move, he only whispered: "Why?" he sounded really broken but you didn't care, you had to finish your mission.

You passed next to him to Captain's room. In front of the door you hesitated for a second but the feeling was quickly vanished. You used your powers to unlock the door without making any noise. Inside the room where only a few things: a desk, a small bookshelf, a large wooden box and a bed. You glared at your target, he seemed so large but you knew he wouldn't stand a chance against you. You decided to go with inside death. It was quick and painless. The only thing you had to do was to mind control him so his mind would destroy his inner parts, but something held you back, something felt really wrong like you shouldn't kill this man. The pain in your head though, reminded you that you had to.

Eventually, after an exhausting fight with yourself you filled with unconditional anger, you felt like boiling in the inside and your body took over. You went closer to the bed and placed your hands on the blonde-haired man's neck. As your grip started getting stronger he woke up and looked at you with the same terrified and broken look as the man before: "w-why (y/n)?" he asked with a faint voice. "I am NOT (y/n)" you whisper-shouted at him. He tried to loosen your grip with his hands but you tightened it, he didn't make any effort to escape, as if he was waiting for me to stop. As the color from his body was flowing away you saw a tear running down his cheek and his blue eyes looked at you with sadness filling them, and something else, almost like defeat. The scene looked like he had been in this position before, for a second you felt something in you, almost like pity, but the anger was too strong. He let his eyelids slowly close as you heard his last breath leaving him and his hands fell limp on the bed. You retrieved your hands from his neck and looked at them, something was definitely off. What you recognised as a tiny bit of pity before, grew stronger and stronger into regret for something you didn't recognise. Your head started pulsing and the pain started taking over you again, inch by inch. You looked back at the dead man and suddenly a flood of memories filled your head as the pain grew stronger and you started to scream in pain and sorrow; but it was too late, Steve was dead.

A huge wave of anger and tears came with the burning pain as every thing you remember was like a tiny hammer on your scull and you started shaking uncontrollably. Your inner self was fighting against the HYDRA control serum and eventually your body collapsed on the floor from the exhaustion and your world darkened...

Sorry about that guys...

-Author