Chapter 1

~Zander's pov~
My eye were glued on the words in the book I was reading when the bell rung knocking me out of the movie I always made in my head. I stared at the empty desk at the front of the class that belonged to the baddest girl in highschool, Alexia. No one wants to get in her way, on the first day of school a couple of nerd boys hit on her and no one has seen them since. She is usually late, and walks in so carefree like she isn't afraid of anything. The teacher got up from his desk and glanced to Alexia's empty seat and sighed.

"Alright everyone, since it's the beginning of class I thought we'd get the hussel of finding a partner for our upcoming project," everyone groaned Mr. Williams smiled "the good part is, you get to choose your partner, but choose wisley," he said rubbing his hands together for a quick few seconds.

Everyone's head glanced to their friends and everyone smiled. "Alright class, you got two minutes to find a partner," he hurried to his desk as everyone ran to their best friends and sat in the seat next to each other. My friend, Max, ditched me for his other friend, leaving me without a partner. The door opened and the brown haired and brown eyed bad girl walked in. "Miss Martinez, why are you late?" Mr. Williams asked. She shrugged and thfew herself into her desk.

"I didn't want to come but that stupid hall monitor made me," she said in her usual attitude tone. I pushed up my glasses a bit and sunk into my seat at the realization, other than her I was the only other person without a partner.

"Who doesn't have a partner?" Mr. Williams asked. No one raised their hand I only sunk further into my seat hopping to be unnoticed. I would be fine doing this alone, I'm pretty sure she would too, right?

"Zander doesn't have a partner!" Max yelled. Alexia's mouth dropped and her hands slammed on her desk suprising everyone.

"With that Nerd?!" She yelled loud enough the whole school could hear. Mr. Williams smirked, he never really liked her.

"You have to, it's a partner effort," Alexia burned a hole through my head with the glare she gave me, Mr. Williams looked at me and mouthed 'I'm so sorry'. "So with this project you will have to make your own planet, but it has to be a planet people can live on, you have to give it a name, what's in the atmosphere, the layers of the atmosphere, tell us the type of soil in many places for food and several rivers and lakes to stay hydrated, and the size and distance from the sun it is," he explained I scanned the room at everyone's faces that all seemed suprised. "Of course I'll give you a papers at the end of class telling you all of this. Now that we have that done take notes because you will need the notes for the project," he turned the lights off and showed us a power point.

I wrote my notes as the power point showed. I looked at Alexia who was doing nothing but playing with her brown long but also short hair. She'll be a great help.... .

When the PowerPoint came to the black screen at the end the lights flickered back on. Everyone groaned at the quick light change. Mr. Williams looked at his watch "you guys have a few minutes to talk with only your partners as I list who's partnered with who," of course he already knew Alexia and I were partners. Alexia sassy walked to my desk.

"Sup' Nerd," she sat in the desk in front of mine backwards and rested her chin on her arms that rested on the back of the chair.

"I'll do the project," I said without her even saying a thing.

"Oh hell no, I'd rather get an A because of my hard work," she snapped. I nodded and pushed my glasses up. "Good now, let's start with a name," she hit the back of the chair with her black fingerless glove. "Any ideas?" I shook my head she looked like she was going to say something but the bell interupted her.

"Alright guys outta my class I got another coming in," Mr. Williams shoed us out. Alexia hopped from her seat.

"Meet me under the willow tree in the park," she said walking out of the door. Everyone 'oooed' because all around the school it is rumored the willow tree in the park is where most highschool couples fall in love even if they aren't destined to meet. I didn't want to fall in love, especially with her.