The Bonds of Reconciliation

"Sorry to call you so suddenly. This is Mr. Kougami's wife..." 

I had left Kunian and was heading for Yamato's mother's grave, when I thought of something and called Yamato's school. 

"Mr. Kougami has the day off." the office worker said.

"Oh no. I'm not calling for my husband. I'd like to speak to the Principal, please." 

"The Principal?" 

"There's something I want to tell him... if you don't mind." 

"Uh..." I could hear the secretary hesitate through the phone. I was put on hold for a while before the Principal finally answered the phone. 

"Hello?" 

"U... um... good afternoon." 

"Oh, Mrs. Kougami. Thanks for the flowers the other day. Is there something I can help you with?" 

"Yes, um... that is..." I don't know where to start, or what to say once I do. As I struggle with what to say, the Principal seems troubled. 

"Is something the matter? Where are you right now?" 

"I'm out... um... Principal, I'd like to ask you to go somewhere for me." 

"You want me to go somewhere?" 

"I'm going there right now, and I wanted to know if you'd..." 

"Are you asking me to go there right now?" 

"I know this is really rude of me. But it has to be today, it just has to be today!" 

"But..." 

"Please!" He heard from the desperation in my voice that this was important. After a short silence, I heard him sigh. 

"All right..." 

"Then..." 

"But if anything happens here at school, I'll come right back. Is that all right?" 

"Yes, thank you! I'll explain where to go..." I told him where the graveyard was. After hanging up, I got a taxi and headed for my destination. 

Yamato and the Principal are finally going to talk. I hope they can come to an understanding... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following Uncle Kunihiko's directions, I arrive at the graveyard. The sun has already set, and there's no one else here. A very somber atmosphere.

Where's Yamato? There he is...

Yamato is kneeling in front of a headstone toward the back, praying. He looks so serious, I stop in my tracks.

I should probably leave him alone right now... 

I stand there, staring at Yamato's figure as he kneels before the grave. He must have felt my gaze, because he turns around.

"[Y/N]!" Yamato's eyes widen in surprise. "What are you doing here?" 

"Uncle Kunihiko told me where you were. Sorry to barge in on you. I know this is none of my business. But... I wanted to do something..." 

Yamato's staring at me. I walk slowly over to him, and look into his eyes. 

I knew he's be angry. Here I am, selfishly showing up at his mother's grave...

I can't look him in the eyes. All I can do is look down to avoid his gaze. Suddenly, Yamato grabs me by the wrist.

Huh?