Stormy Hot Spring Vacation!?

Why does Yamato have a woman's ring...? Not only does he have it, but he's keeping it in the safest place... in his wallet. 

I'm standing there in shock with the ring in my hand, when Yamato's brow twitches as he's asleep on the sofa. 

"Mmm... Something... smells nice..." Uh oh. 

I quickly pick up the wallet and put the ring back in its place. As soon as I place his wallet on the table, Yamato gets up. 

"Hey... That smells like... Pasta Neapolitan!" 

"Huh?" Yamato reaches for the plate of pasta on the table. 

"I can eat this, right?" 

"Uh... Yeah. It's for you." 

"Thanks." Yamato puts his hands together. He crams it in his mouth, eyes shining. "Damn, this is delicious! Have you always been able to make something this good?" 

"Yeah, the manager at Kunian taught me." 

"It's really good. Especially after a few drinks!" He keeps shoveling it in his face, looking satisfied. Then, out of nowhere, his hand stops, hanging in the air. "Hm?" 

"What's wrong?" 

"Did I leave my wallet over there?" Yamato sees his wallet on the table. My heart skips a beat, but I answer him nonchalantly.  

"It fell out of your pocket while you were tossing around in your sleep, so I put it there for you." 

"Oh yeah?" 

"Um, there was a..." 

"Huh?" 

I'm just about to ask him about the ring, when my cellphone rings. 

*Ring ring* 

"It's from my mother." 

"People usually don't care this late, do they? Something has to be up." I want to ask him about the ring, but I answer my phone. 

*Beep* 

"Hello?" 

"Oh my god! We won!" My mother screams into the phone as soon as I answer. 

"Won what?" I ask. 

"The shopping street lottery! We won a trip to a hot spring!" 

"A trip to a hot spring? Wow!" Yamato seems interested in our conversation and stops eating to listen. "So where are you going?" 

"Atami! It's only about two hours from Tokyo!" 

"Wow, that's closer than you'd think." 

"I'll meet you there. I'll bring the tickets..." 

"H-Hold on. What do you mean you'll meet me there?" 

"It's for two couples, so let's make it into a double-date! Bring Yamato!" 

"What!?" 

"I'll email you the details. See you this weekend." 

"Mother, wait..." 

"I can't wait. Say hi to Yamato for me!" My mother hangs up. I'm stunned, still holding my phone, when Yamato speaks up. 

"What did you mother want? [Y/N]?" 

"She said she won a trip to a hot spring..." 

"Wow, lucky her."

"And it's for two couples... And she wants us to go with her..."