CHAPTER I

Luna's Point of View

My hair glides through my back, because of the unfazing wind in the afternoon breeze.

Trees, buildings, and light posts past through me like a blur because of my unspeakable speed. People, humans rather doesn't seem so alarmed because to tell you the truth they couldn't see me.

Not that I'm a ghost. I was just fast enough not to be seen. The world wasn't just simple. Humans think they are the dominant one among all species but that isn't true. The myths they call? They're all real and I'm one of them.

......................

"Hail Lord Nathan!" The crowd of vampire roared through the gigantic castle that broke the eerie silence the night has.

"As we all know, the time is near for our next heir to take the throne. Don't be alarmed because I assure you that the next heir is the best one for this throne." Lord Nathan said.

The crowd did not dispersed. They became wild because the party had began. Every vampire now had a champagne glass in their hands but not filled with champagne nor wine but with fresh blood. This isn't my crowd so I just left.

Before I got through the open door. I was called by the servant to go to Lord Nathan. I walked past through the long corridors. I was already in front of the humongous double doors. The doors were opened by guards.

"Luna" Lord Nathan said to me.

I bowed then sat on the seat in front of desk.

"Luna, you are the next heir for the throne. I want to clarify to you that even if I'm your uncle the elders are the one who will decide if you're worthy or not." He said while walking and scanning the bookshelf.

"So what am I going to do?" I asked.

"You have to capture Larcade Strauss. He is a killer, not an average one but a professional one. He killed your grandfather. My father, Lord Dimitri."

This is the first time we talked about the death of my grandfather and it really affected me.

I really loved my grandfather. He guided me throughout the years that I couldn't contain my powers as a vampire. The temptation and desire I got for bloods. He was the one who was there by my side to train and support me in everyway he knows.

"I promise you that I will kill him in front of all of you." I angrily exclaimed then left the room fuming mad but before that, I will train. I can't afford to lose.

I trained everyday and night restlessly. Every fighter in our empire was already dead tired but I'm not. I'm just warming up. I trained in the woods, underwater combat and while falling mid air but I wasn't satisfied. To feel satisfied I fought with my uncle.

"Are you sure you want to fight me?" My uncle joked.

"Why? Are you scared?" I provoke.

"Of course not kid!" Uncle smirkingly said.

Then our fight began. We started circling each other but I used my speed to make an illusion that I was circling him then I look for a blind spot. There I got you. I attacked him with a kick that could make humans break their bones but then he saw it so when he grab my leg.

I forcefully twist it that even he got along with my movement. I was on my feet again and so was he. We do combat battle almost three hours and then we thought we were both on the same level with combat so we used weapons. Silver weapons is poisonous to werewolves.

We fought with it for 12 hours in humans time but then we're both exhausted and in need for blood. So we both just stopped and I think I can finally beat that killer.

"I think this is enough." Uncle said.

"I think so too. I need to get moving now." I replied.

"I will leave you now!" My uncle said his goodbye then left me in our battle field.

When I turned around everything was a little mess. Well... everything was destroyed. I picked up my weapon but I got burned. I just left it there. But it was weird. I shaked my head to erase the thought then left the empire to complete my mission. It's hunting time.