1.5

i'll be your mess, you be mine.
that was the deal that we had signed,
i bought a hazmat suit to clean up your waste, gas masks, gloves to keep us safe.
but now i'm alone in an empty room,
staring down immaculate doom.
•-•

"i'm literally going to die."

phil rolled his eyes. "yes dan. you've said that about three thousand times now."

"it's because it's the truth."

"you aren't going to die. it's a simple project, just stop overthinking it."

"no, no phil it's not. i literally fucking suck at everything i do normally, so all this project is going to do is just shine light on that."

"dan, shut the hell up, you're great."

dan scoffed, looking out from the passenger seat in phil's car. "oh, fuck off."

they drove for a few more minutes of silence before phil spoke up. "someone's being a bit pissy today aren't they?"

"i didn't get any sleep, i have no idea how the hell you're able to stay so awake and happy with this."

phil chuckled lightly. "it's all in the tears, babe."

dan turned back to phil, a glare on his face. "don't call me babe."

"why not?"

"couples do that." dan mumbled, resting his head against the passenger seat window.

"actually, don't friends call each other babe quite a lot?"

dan scrunched up his nose, lost in thought for a moment. it took all of phil's willpower not to pull over and cuddle the boy.

he's so cute. how on earth can someone be so cute? phil thought to himself.

dan sighed. "whatever, i guess some friends do call each other babe. but we don't. we are not those kind of friends."

"but i want to call you cute pet names!" phil protested, a smile appearing on his face.

"phil. those are couple things."

the car took a sudden turn, phil pulling up to a curb and parking there. he turned to dan, his face now serious. "why don't we be a couple then?"

dan's eyes widened. words started tumbling out of his mouth before he could stop them.

"what! no- we couldn't- why would you- i don't know- it'd be nice? but- no. we- we can't do that!" dan continued stumbling and tripping over his own words, agreeing and disagreeing with himself.

it wasn't long before phil lightheartedly rolled his eyes and reached out, both of his hands resting on the nape of dan's neck, before pulling him in and kissing him.

it took a few moments, but dan started kissing back. phil smiled against his lips.

phil could have gone on forever. when he kissed dan, he saw galaxies, every single star in space. he was so elated to finally align every single star in the sky.

it seemed as if the moon finally gave in to the sun, and they finally made an eclipse.

•-•

dan was the first to pull away.

both boys were breathing heavily, as the kiss was a lot longer than the both had intended.

as much as dan hated it, he knew there was a deep red blush, from his neck to his cheeks. as he thought he looked ugly and disheveled in this moment, phil thought he looked beautiful.

along with his blush, his lips were slightly swollen, and his soft hair was a mess from phil running his fingers through it so many times. his eyes were wide and his eye brows were knit together, as if processing what just happened.  phil let out a small laugh, closing his eyes.

"w-what is it?" dan asked, his voice quiet. phil opened his eyes and turned to him.

"i just can't believe someone can be so perfect."

•-•
A/N:
sorry this is a bit shorter,,, at least they kissed though?? everyone was yelling at me to update so shEESH HERE YOU GO.

qotd: are you ready for the plot twist in this book???

aotd: i suRE AM.

~🌙

//not edited stfu//