It Begins Today

Ruka's POV

I walk silently on my way back to the village. I just finished assassinating some rouge nin. My ninja shoes squelch because of the blood on and under my feet. In fact, almost my entire body is covered with blood, but it isn't mine. I am treated like a tool, but there will always be sadness and longing in my eyes.

I never really talk to anyone. I only nod yes or no, or bow. They never liked it when I talked, and always got mad.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when I smell fire, and hear screams. I run faster toward the village and see the entire place engulfed in flames. When I get even closer, I see what looks like sound ninjas and a snake like person.

I start killing ninjas left and right, and the blood on me becomes fresh. The sword in my hand gets stolen by a sound ninja, and he tries to use it against me. My face is expressionless as I plunge my arm where his heart is. My hand sticks out of his back, holding his heart. I quickly crush it before I start killing more the exact same way.

"There you are. I destroyed your village trying to find you. Come with me." The snake like man says, and I say nothing. I take a nearby sword off the ground and start trying to land hits on him.

He tries to hit me with his tongue, and I cut it off. It takes me a while, but I realize that this is Orochimaru. He slices open my side, and at the same time, I stab his stomach.

I realize that I can't defeat him, and run as fast as I can, in the direction of Konoha. Normally it is a three day trip, but I made it there in a few hours.

My chakra was already pretty low from that mission, but now it feels almost gone. Everything blurs together, and I faintly hear a yell before I fall into darkness.

"It begins today..."