Chapter 1

It was so peaceful, before hell broke lose... King Brian and Queen Meredith had invited every higher up in a hundred mile radius to a formal dinner. Abban McLoughlin, leader of the royal gardaí Mac Tíre, stood at the entrance of the castle, nodding to everyone who entered. At the end of the pathway stood another wolf by the name of Alani, a beautiful woman and Abban's mate.

    Another couple walked into the entrance, arm-and-arm after greeting the wolf guarding the door. Abban looked inside, watching the two walk into the dining hall. Screams echoed through the village followed by a yelp, causing the large wolf to quickly turn towards the commotion.

    Their majesties had warned them of some foreigners who never heard of or seen anything of our kind, to be wary. The large male did not expect to see the two men of the four foreign guests yelling at his mate, claiming she was a spawn of satan himself.

    Instinctively, Abban growled and ran in front of his love, standing his ground. His inner wolf was thrashing around in his head, trying his hardest to break free and tear the men in front of the mates to shreds. The large male shook his head, snarling before his wolf took over, tackling one of the men to the ground and tearing out his throat.

    "Abban! Stad!" Alani yelled in his mind, shoving him off the corpse. The other man and the two women backed away and screamed at the top of their lungs, one of the women dropped to her knees sobbing.

    Gasps sounded from the castle entrance. Abban's heart sunk as he stood up, blood dripping from his chops.

    "Abban! What have you done!?" The king yelled furiously, "Guards! Kill him!" he ordered.

    None of the wolves moved for Abban was their Alpha, the only one they took orders from. Their Alpha growled in hatred.

    "You wolves are so stupid! Can't do nothing right! How are the gods pleased with you?! How are you beasts holy!? All yo-" The queen was cut off.

    "Noctis! Attack" Abban howled, running towards the king.

That order alone made everything turn for the worse, for past and future.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I was scanning every item on the table and your name wasn't popping up! It was so weird!" Mark said laughing.

"You walked right by me with the gun on my ass!" Jack yelled towards his best friend.

"I know!" Bob's laugh was softly in the background.

Jack laughed along and smiled fondly at the camera "It was awesome.."

The young Irish wolf stopped the recording and opened skype to chat for a short while longer with his friends.

"Oh yeah! I never asked! Who's going to Indy PopCon this year? It's only a month away, I'm surprised we hadn't told each other yet" Wade asked, looking up at the group's facecams.

"I am!" Mark and Bob said in unison, laughing shortly after. Wade nodded.

"What about you Jack?"

"I don't know, I mi-" He flinched as he was cut off.

"Sean!" Jack's father's loud Alpha voice bellowed through the main pack house.

Sean turned towards his father in confusion and natural submission due to being an omega.

"I thought I told you to go with the last group to-" His father noticed his son's friends on his monitor and reworded his unsaid sentence, "I thought you were going to go with the family to the store."