If you decided to stay

"Wake up, Dear."

"What?" You mumbled before opening your heavy eyes.

Looking over you was the most beautiful woman you'd ever seen. She had a soft smile on her lips and her (e/c) eyes stared down at you in the most caring way.

It was like you were staring in a mirror, yet at the same time she looked completely different.

"Mom?" You questioned, sitting up.

"It's nice to finally meet you."

"Am I... Am I dead?"

She chuckled softly. "No, Dear, you're perfectly alive. When you arrived, you were on the brink of death. I had to heal you myself."

You looked around for the first time. It looked as if you were in a castle. The walls were decorated with art framed in the most expensive looking of frames. There were massive windows with long white curtains draping down the side. Sunlight was spilling in, but that was the only light. It was still plenty bright.

You looked back at your mother. She wore an elegant black gown with a shining crown sitting on top of her head. You reached up to feel your own head and found a tiara.

"I don't understand." You said, taking off the tiara and observing it. "What am I doing here?"

"Well someone had to heal you, Dear. I couldn't just watch you die."

"But there are hospitals."

"Oh, (Y/N) your wounds were much too serious for your mortal doctors. Any normal human should've died with the blow you took. I'm surprised you recovered so quickly."

You stared at her for a moment. She was like you imagined. She was perfect. There was no other word to describe it than that. She was just perfect.

"W-what about Dad?" You asked, remembering everything. "He's okay, isn't he?"

"He's a bit worried. To him, you're dying. I'm actually quite glad you brought that up. We have things to discuss."

"Can't you tell him I'm okay first?"

"That's the issue, Dear." She stood and walked to one of the large windows and looked below.

You followed her there curiously. When you looked down, you saw beautiful sparkling waters. It wasn't what you expected. You always thought the demon realm would be dark. Rivers of blood and the grass would be razor sharp. The sky wouldn't be blue and clear, but dark and a bit frightening.

It was the opposite. Everything about this world was beautiful. You couldn't believe you were the princess of it.

"I want you to stay." Your mother said, looking down at you.

"What?"

"It's lonely here in the castle. My companions are only the employees. They're not much fun. Deadly serious." She placed her hand on your shoulder. You noticed how the black paint was perfectly applied to her nails. "If you stay here, you can help me rule. The people already adore you. They're fascinated by you."

"But, I–I—you're serious?"

She smiled. "Of course. I've missed out on so much of your life. I don't want to miss any more of it. However, there's something I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy too much. Neither would your father."

"Well, what is it?" You asked curiously.

She pressed her lips together, as if she knew this would break it. "If you stay here with me, you'll die in your world."

"What?"

"You won't be able to go back. You wouldn't get to say goodbye to your friends or to your father. You'd just die, right now."