"I'm sorry, so sorry that you were made to think that." She whispered emotionally, "I was placed into solitary as soon as I was arrested and I wasn't able to the get word out that I was still alive."

"I'm glad that you're still alive." He murmured with that soft smile that he only ever truly used with her.

She grinned at him, "Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it myself."

✦❀✦

After her exchange with Bellamy who had reluctantly moved from her after some, also reluctant, prodding, to find out where Octavia had disappeared to, she began to wander once more, drinking in all of her surroundings.

She felt like she was five years old again and she and Bellamy were watching the moon rise for the first time and when she heard a loud exchange beginning to breakout by the dropship, she decided to head back over.

"We're just trying to figure out where we are."

Reese recognised Wells Jaha almost immediately, a boy whom she had babysat when she was younger, and ultimately refused to even look at after her mother's execution and she'd stopped looking after him as she wasn't even able to step a foot into the Chancellor's quarters without feeling physically ill, it wasn't Wells' fault, no, but he was so incredibly like his father that she could barely stomach the thought of the eleven year old telling her, without any prompting, that her mother knew the consequences of her actions.

No, Reese avoided Alpha Station at all costs after her sixteenth birthday.

"We're on the ground." Bellamy called, "That not good enough for you?"

Reese sighed as she made her way through the growing crowd of teenagers, knowing that if Bellamy's personality set people off, she would have to do some damage control.

"We need to find Mount Weather." Wells told him, "You heard my father's message, that has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." Octavia spat, looking rather disgusted at the mention of the Chancellor, "What, you think you're in charge here? You and your little princess?"

Reese glanced at the siblings hesitantly as she stopped next to them.

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke asked angrily, "We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this will be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

Reese had to agree with that as she looked at the younger girl in a new light.

"I got a better idea." Bellamy replied, "You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

There were shouts of agreement as the brunette scowled at her best friend, wondering if he truly remembered where she was born and where she had been raised.

"You're not listening." Wells told him, looking rather frustrated, "We all need to go."

Before Reese had time to even blink, one of the teenagers had darted forward and shoved the Chancellor's son to the ground quite forcefully.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth." The boy announced with a sneer, causing the delinquents to laugh loudly in response as though they had just been told the funniest joke of all time.

The twenty-one year old began to move towards the fight, to break it up, but an arm reached out stopped her and she looked up to see Bellamy shaking his head her, leaving her to narrow her eyes at the man with an angry look, not forgetting his earlier words.