RANTING!! (2)

So this was just a rant I thought about because I needed to post SOMETHING.

Plus, this is something that really ticks me off.

AND...! I felt the need to post it.

Okay, so, fist of all, I am completely and totally disgusted with the way society treats women. As a teenage girl, I have been stereotyped all the time.

At school, because like Starbucks and Panera, I am a 'stereotypical white girl.' So what does liking Starbucks and Panera have to do with being white? Absolutely nothing.

I have also been called 'stupid.' Although my comebacks suck and I am super awkward when I have to socialize with new people/people who I am not close with or talk in front of the class, I (not to be conceited or anything) am in almost all of the highest classes (except math, but I am being moved up because I got 100% in math and I barely paid any attention) and I get straight A's. Every trimester. (My school has trimesters not semesters. I don't know why.) So I am not dumb.

I get called 'fat' because I don't like sports and I am not skinny like some model. When I went to the doctor's, they took my weight and told me it was perfect. So I am by no means 'fat.'

I also get called 'ugly,' 'mean,' and 'psychopathic.' I don't know why they call me ugly because a) it is NOT their decision, and b) I, personally, think that (again, not to be conceited) I am pretty just the way I am. I get called mean because, as I mentioned earlier, I am not very good at socializing... I get called psychopathic because I have a dark sense of humor.

These are just a few of the stereotypes I am grouped into. I am sick of stereotyping.

Society calls women who aren't skinny 'fat,' but they call women who are skinny 'anorexic.'

I think that, as long as you are healthy, it doesn't matter if you're fat or skinny.

That is just one of the many issues society causes for women's self-confidence.

The second thing is that I am sick of everyone sexualizing everything! The most recent thing I have heard about was the thing with Victoria Beckham. (I don't know very much about them, but my mom follows them on twitter I think.) Apparently, they post a lot of stuff about how much they love their family.
So anyway, Victoria Beckham posted a picture of her kissing her daughter (on the lips), and wrote this really sweet message as a caption.

And what did everyone do? They sexualized it. It is perfectly normal for parents to kiss their children.

One of my friends posted a picture of her kissing her mom. This jerk girl commented 'gross.' It wasn't gross. It was actually a really nice picture.

And a third thing, which ties into both topics, PEOPLE NEED TO STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FOR THEIR BODY SHAPE!!!

So if you have an hourglass shape body, you're a tart.

If you are curvy, you're fat.

If you're skinny, you must have an eating disorder.

NONE OF THAT STUFF IS TRUE. Some people are just natrally skinny. Some people are just naturally less skinny. Some people just have an hourglass shape body.

What you look like doesn't define you.

And lastly, I hate it when society tells you to be yourself, but then they criticize you for it.

They tell you 'be yourself, ' but buy 'yourself,' they mean a rich, pretty type of girl who doesn't have to do anything to get what she wants. Think Kim Kardashian. That's what they want you to be.

But I am nothing like Kim Kardashian.

I am me. I love anime. I like writing, and drawing. I love practicing my makeup skills (not that anyone needs makeup to be pretty. I just happen to enjoy using makeup). I like acting. I like reading (both books and manga). I like The Giver (both the book and the movie). I like squishies. (Remember them?) I love all of my friends. I love music.

I have anxiety disorder. I am slightly insecure. I trust people too easily sometimes. I fall in love with guys too easily sometimes. I have a dark sense of humor.

I get depressed in the winter, but my emotions are the exact opposite in the summer.

I am sassy. Silly. Awkward. Quick-tempered. Emotional. Intelligent. I am me.

Nobody can tell me who to be.

Nobody should be able to tell you who to be either.

If you ever need to talk to someone, you can PM me. I love all of my followers, so I am willing to talk to you guys.

Stay kawaii!

Kat ❤

P.S. Leave a comment suggesting what I should talk/rant about next!