Chapter 1

I biked over to the Webb Stables. I don't actually own a horse, my parents won't let me. I just work around the stables, like feeding and watering the horses. And occasionally I'll ride the horses if the owner is out and there horse need attention. I put my bike in the bike stand and walked inside the barn. Zoe Walsh, a girl who rides here, came up to me. She wasn't exactly my friend, but she was cool.

  "Hey, I'll be out of town for a week. Can you make sure, Honey has enough excersize each day?" Zoe asked me.

  "Yeah, totally." I responded. Her horse doesn't like humans, but she likes Zoe and me. I'm the only one allowed to go into her stall.

  "Cool. Thanks!" She said. I walked over to her stall. She had just been fed and watered. The woman who owned the stables, Mrs. Webb, walked past me. With the stables main trainer, Ms.Hunt.

  "Hello." I said.

  "Morning, Crystal." she replied. She was a really nice lady. Ms. Hunt, not so much. I'm glad I don't have to train with her. I just make sure the horses are on the walker, lunge them, and maybe walk them over some logs. I love it here. I saw a boy with a big black and white paint horse. Seth Gill. He tied his horse, Spade, to the rail and started saddling him.

  I went out to the paddock to watch the horses run and play. I took a video of them playing. It was so pretty. The mid morning summer sun shines down on there pelts, makeing them glossy. I watched them for a while. I went back in the barn and started sweeping. After I got done, it was noon. I went into the tack room and started eating a sandwich I made this morning.

  I then went out and saddled Honey. I took her out into the back arena. There was two arenas, one big one right behind the barn. And another smaller one right next to it. It didn't have a hole bunch of jumps, but was almost completely empty. Seth was riding his horse in there. I entered the arena and mounted honey.

  "Isn't that Zoe's horse?" He asked me.

  "Yeah, she is going out of town so she had me ride her." I responded.

  "Cool." He said and loped over some logs. I picked up a fast trot and troted around. Once I got her warmed up, I picked up cantered and jumped over a jump. I smiled. I love doing this. I don't even care if this isn't my horse. I just love to ride. I have ridden almost all the horses here. Another trainer, Mr. Owen, will sometimes help me. I love it.

  We jumped over a few more jumps and then I dismounted her. I brushed and washed her off with the hose and put her back in her stall. I then got my bike and went back home.

  I walked through the front door of my big house. "Mom, I back." I yelled and went into the kicten. I didn't hear a reply. She must be outside working in the garden. I walked into my younger sisters room.

  "Hey, Lace." I said to her. Was is 12 years old. I'm 14, turning 15 in a few days.

  "Hi!" She said and for up from her bed. She likes to read, a lot. She has a wall full of books. She really likes horse books.

  "Do you know where mom is?" I asked.

  "No, probably in the pool." She said. I walked out side and saw mom.

  "Hey, mom." I said.

  "Hi sweetie. I know its not your birthday yet, but I have a surprise. Get in the truck." She said. I climbed into the ford truck and we drove out of the driveway. She drove for a while until we got to someones house. We pulled up in the drive way and got out. A woman greeted us.

  "Hello, you must be Crystal. I'm Mrs. Jane." She smiled. "Come please." We followed her to a barn and I saw a brownish black horse.

  "There's your birthday present."