Chapter 7- The Restricted Section

I waited in the dark for my friends to arrive. The eerie black clung to my neck, making the hairs stand on end. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared- I was terrified. Stood waiting, leaning against the cold stone wall. Just waiting.

After what felt like forever (though had only been a couple of minutes) I sensed another being present as they slid next to me and pressed the warm shoulder aginst mine. They felt for my enclosed fist and gave it a quick squeeze before whispering, "Is that you Scorpius?" I let out a small sigh I didn't know I had been holding in and turned to face Rosie. I could make out the faint line of her nose curved and her bright emerald eyes dazzling in the enveloping twilight that surrounded us. "Yeah," I finally replied, "Al's taking his time though- where is he?" As if on cue, Al snuck in opposite us with the faint light he allowed in, revealing his sly smirk.

It was Friday evening, around ten o'clock, and the whole castle was silent. Curfew had kicked in so everyone was in their common rooms or dorms; apart from three little first years, hiding in the gap between the tapestry on the third floor.

"Did you get it?" Rosie asked Al eagerly and a little too loud- earning hushes from me and Al. Al didn't even need to answer; he just produced a shiny cloak from his right hand. We all looked at each other- sniggering excitedly. However, I was a little more reserved than the other two. I soaked in every aspect of the cloak- as I had never seen one before. Why should I have? They are incredibly rare- invisibility cloaks.

"How did you get it?" I asked a little intrigued.
"Easy," Al replied in a superficial way. I'm not really surprised though, he had had to sneak into the Gryffindor tower and nick it off his brother without anyone finding out. He isn't a Slytherin for nothing! "C'mon!" Rosie rushed us as we all huddled together and pulled the cloak over our heads. Rosie had become prepared as always- bringing wearing her muggle watch to make sure we got back by eleven and a rucksack- to store the book in. For tonight, we were stealing 'The Second Wizarding War- The Full Story' by Hermione Granger.

Anxiety was beginning to settle in my stomach, causing my fingers to twitch. As we travelled along each corner, in unity, I became more and more on edge. I was scared that if we got caught- I'd get my friends into trouble which I didn't want; they were doing it for me after all. "Rosie," I whispered getting a small 'yeah' back. "I'm not so sure about this. What if we get caught?"
"We won't Scorpius, have a little faith."
"Well if we do, let me take the fall. I wanted to do this, to find out the truth." I pleaded with my friends to make them understand, but unfortunately they didn't.
"No." Al stoped us abruptly and turned to face me me in our little cluster. "If one goes down, we all do okay. Now, where's your sense of adventure?" We started off again, reaching forward to enter the Library. It was pretty plain to see that Rosie and Al were enjoying it a lot more than I was- but their parents were all Gryffindors, so don't call me pathetic!

We nervously creeped down the aisles of books, upon books, upon books. Our little trio did sometimes hang out in the Big Den but we found it a lot more peaceful here in the Library. James and Fred disrupted almost every part of the castle- however the Library was a place they were offically banned from since last year. This made it a perfect place to sit and hang out; especially with Rosie's constant wish to study, me and Al's introvertedness and all of our love for books. I have to say Al wasn't quite as into it as me and Rosie but we all loved a good read. Rosie did it to widen her knowledge on anything and everything, Al did it for the pure bliss of escapism and I did it for a bit of both. People might be surprised as to the amount I have read but I get it from my blood. Mum and Dad have always loved to read and so does Grandma. They are also shocked when they find out the Malfoys are avid book lovers but Grandma always tells them it's the Black in us- Lucius thought reading was a waste of time. Or so I was told.

The Restricted Section stood before us; it's bold, dark lettering intriguing us rather than scaring us away. Rosie instantly slipped through with Al, then me following. It was pretty simple actually. "That was easy," Rosie stated, mirroring my exact thoughts. Still under the cloak, we looked through the shelves for a glimpse of what we were after. I gazed upon hundreds of titles, different subjects, different terrors and I began to feel a little chill tingle my skin. I now understood why they were banned from the students.

"Got it!" Rosie exclaimed- she had ventured off on her own to find it, and left the cloak behind. She slung it in her bag and then quickly whispered, "Where's Al?" Before I looked around to notice that I was the only one left hidden. All of a sudden, Al stepped around the corner- a large silver-coloured novel in his possession. "Look at this!" He was getting a little distracted and me and Rosie both sensed the danger, but our calls to stop were too late. His long bendy fingers pulled open the pages half way and released a piercing scream. We held our ears to try and muffle the deafening sound, but it was no use. Al managed to muster up the strength to close it shut and shove it back on the shelf, but the damage had already been done.

"Who's there?" The scratchy growl from the school caretaker, Filch, echoed through the Library- sending the nervous rattling in my chest and anxiety rampaging through my body. We looked at each other; eyes wide in shock and panic. Standing still, I could hear our heavy breathes untied us one, til we sprang into action. Al and Rosie dived to join me under the cloak and we pressed ourselves between two book cases. "I know someone's in here!" The old man hobbled through the rows of books; his old age making him slow and a little deaf. We let him stride past us- using his age to our advantage, before quickly scampering out from our hiding place and down towards the exit. "If that is you Potter and Weasley, Proffessor Miratio will have no choice but to expel you!" Filch threatened to the empty space around, waving his walking stick in a dangerous manner. I looked across to my friends with a knowing smile- there was a Potter and a Weasley here, but an unsuspected Malfoy was also tagging along.

Picking up the pace, we ran as fast as we could whilst still concealing ourselves under the famous Invisibility Cloak. We began to laugh, leaving our nerves behind us; the book of truth bobbing up and down against Rosie's back.