Sad Saturday Nights

**Liza pov**
It was a boring Saturday night and for some reason it put me in a bad state of mind. I started doubting everything and started to create scenarios of situations I really don't want to be in. Like what if one day a close friend from back home passes away. Or what if someone really close tells me straight to my face that I'm a nobody that only gains subscribers cause of my face and I'm not actually the slightest bit funny. Or what if David breaks- I couldn't even finish that thought. The thought of losing my everything. The thought of my everything not looking at me the way I look at him. At this point tears started rolling down my face and I had to talk to David so I call him clearing my thought. Trying to hide the fact I started crying.
on the phone
"Hey babe" David said and you could hear that he was walking somewhere.
"Do you love me?" I blurt out and regret it right after because it goes silent and you couldn't even hear him breathing.
"Yes of course." he says genuinely "I'm coming over" then he hangs up.
Damnit so much for that.
*10 mins later*
knock knock
I knew it was David so I opened it and he came in, slammed the door, locked it, and hugged me. I hugged him harder and starting to tear up.
"Why did you ask if I loved you?" I could hear in his voice that he was currently crying.
"uhmm" I said shakily, "I was feeling sad...and started thinking of terrible.. terrible things that would rip my heart apart"
"Why? Why do you do that to yourself baby? You can't think of the glass half empty you need to think about it half full. Think of the positive things not the negative. And especially don't start questioning if I love you." David's voice cracked and stared into my watery eyes while he said this.
"I guess sometimes I just feel lonely."
"But you'll always have me"
"And I know that. I have you and lots of friends and family but sometimes it doesn't feel like anything. It feels like there is no one I'll comfortably talk to and know that they'll understand."
"Is it that they won't understand or is it that your just afraid to face problems? Baby, baby, baby, talk to me, I want to help you" David says with tears rolling down his cheeks
"Can you just hold me" I say crying and he pulls me in tighter and says,
"Whenever you need to talk I'll always be here baby girl. Whenever you need to cry I'll be here. Whenever you need to laugh I'll be here. And whenever you need someone to just hold you, I'll always be here. Even till the day I die."
"But what if that's not true? What if we break up?"
"Then I would lose my life. The only thing that matters to me and the only thing that helps me sleep at night. So I will do anything to keep you as my girlfriend and my best friend for the rest of my life."
I start to steady my breathing letting his words sink in. He really helped me and I didn't ask for help I just asked if he loved me and I'm very glad he saw I was sad without me having to tell him. He really is the best and I'm really grateful to have him in my life.