Chapter 68:

I shook my head cautiously and more tears escaped from my now sore eyes, "Liam, you have to understa-". He quickly shot a bullet next to my feet, causing me to scream loudly as a cloud of dirt shot up into the air.

"I'm not fucking around, Melanie." He warned, cocking the hammer back again. I let out a painful cry and took two steps in front, closing the space between us. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his chest.

His breathing increased and he wrapped his arms around me, "I appreciate your help, I really do but this is not how it's supposed to be." I explained, coming out as a mumble.

He shook his head and held me tighter, "Harry kidnapped you." He said sternly, his jaw clenching afterwards. I wiped my eyes and looked up at him, his gaze already fixed on me.

"But I love him, I really do and I'm so angry at myself for only just realising it." I cried. Liam shook his head and groaned loudly, running his fingers through his hair with one hand and the other still pointing his gun at me.

"We can go back home, where you can stay and it will be like how it was." I tried to convince him but he chuckled deeply. He grabbed my chin harshly and made me look into his eyes, sending daggers at me.

"Like how it was? Why would I want to constantly hear my best friend pounding the girl I have feelings for every night?" He asked, evil spilling from his mouth.

"Not even feelings, I fucking love you Melanie, you stupid bitch and I'm trying to help you." He shouted. The built up tears escaped and I covered my face with my hands, "please, Liam." I begged.

A minute passed of complete silence before he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the car, I screamed loudly and tried to get him off me. "I want Harry for fuck sake!" I shouted in his face.

He raised his hand and slapped me hard across the face causing me to fall to the ground, "we don't always get what we want." He spat.

Within a second I was back on my feet again and he was pushing me into the car, "Harry!" I screamed as loud as I could possibly manage. Gunshots overpowered my voice.

I covered my head and squeezed my eyes shut at the loudness, my ears ringing afterwards. I reopened my eyes when it was silent only to see both of Liam's hands on my waist, holding me down.

My eyes widened and I looked up at him, his expression matches mine. How did the gun go off if Liam hadn't fired? I gasped loudly and pushed his away from me, causing him to fall backwards out of the car.

I climbed out and looked ahead only to be greeted with trees and more dirt, I sighed and slumped my shoulders. Turning the other way, that's when I saw him.

My stomach dropped as did my heart for a second, pain and anger was etched in his face as he held the pistol upright towards us.

Without saying a word I sprinted towards him, "Harry" I cried, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. He dropped the silver weapon and held me close to him, "baby." He breathed.

Tears cascaded down my face and stained his white shirt, "I'm so sorry." I whispered, removing my head from his shoulder and now looking at him. Before I could even study his face my lips were on his, I cupped his cheeks and depended the desperate kiss.

He let out a small cry and pulled away, staring at me carefully. "You're okay?" He asked, wiping my eyes with his thumbs. I nodded and kissed him again, placing my feet back on the floor.

"I love you." I cried, pecking his lips yet again. He cupped the back of my neck and held my to his chest, "I love you too." He breathed.

I heard footsteps behind me and I immediately knew who it was, I tried to turn around but Harry kept me to his chest.

"What were you doing mate?" Harry asked in disbelief, I heard Liam chuckle, soon turning into a fit of laughter. "She's my girl, why did you want to steal her?" He added.

Liam suddenly stopped and shook his head, "you fucking kidnapped her!" He roared. I pulled myself out of Harry's grip and turned to look at Liam, "is this some joke?" He laughed.

"I was fucking saving her from you, did you know she had 50% chance of living after what you did? You killed your child for heavens sake. Do you really think you're safe Melanie?" He shouted at Harry but then asked me the question after.

I felt Harry tense up behind me at the mention of my miscarriage, "I'm just doing what's best for her." Liam groaned, throwing his hands up in the air.

Harry picked the gun up from the floor and pointed it at him, "so am I." Within a second the gun was fired at Liam's foot, he screamed in pain and fell to the floor.

My eyes widened and I looked back at Harry, a small smirk was etched on his face. "Come on, princess." He said gently, wrapping his arm around my waist. I nodded and walked with him away from Liam and to his car

"Harry!" Liam screamed, he rolled his eyes and turned back around. "Melanie knows about Jennifer!" He shouted. My stomach dropped at his words, were they true?

Harry stayed silent as I looked up at him, panic was evident on his face as he slowly turned back to look at me. My eyes watered but before I could say anyway, Liam continued.

"But don't worry, she got you back!" He laughed loudly, my breath hitched in the back of my throat and Harry's eyebrows furrowed. "What is he on about?" He said, barely above a whispered.

I looked at Liam with desperation in my eyes, "what is he on about?" Harry repeated, this time shouting.

Tears rolled down my face and I looked up at him, "I don't know." I lied, my voice croaky. Liam laughed making us both turn and look at him.

"Let's just say, what you did to Jennifer, I did to her." He smirked, Harry's eyes widened and he clenched his fists. "You had sex with him?" He exclaimed.

My heart dropped and that's when I knew that Liam's words were true, he did fuck Jennifer. I shook my head and more tears escaped, "no I didn't." I tried to say but the lump in my throat stopped me.

"You had sex with Jennifer?" I cried, quickly after gasping for air. His face dropped and we both stood there in silence, Liam chuckling loudly at the secrets coming out.

"The only difference is I didn't fuck her, but thanks because she now knows what a piece of shit you are." He shouted, I wiped my eyes and walked away from the pair of them.

"Mel." Harry whimpered, "I'm sorry." He gasped, grabbing my hand and spinning me around. I ripped my hand from his hold and began walking again, "no you're not, go back to Jennifer."

"I love you! Only you! She was just so manipulative and sly." He cried, tears rolled down my face and I shook my head. "You don't love me... All of this is some sick game and it needs to stop" I cried, speeding up.

"I do fucking love you... Melanie!" He screamed my name, I turned around and wiped my eyes so my vision wasn't glossy. When my eyes weren't met with his, I looked down to see him on one knee.

I struggled to breathe and soon more tears rolled down my face, Harry's too. "I love you more than anything and nothing hurts me more than seeing you like this. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Melanie." He said through his tears.

"Marry me."