Chapter 7

"Alright, careful love, watch the step," Louis said, helping his husband into the house and lifting up his oxygen tank over the doorway.

"Thanks Lou, it's not like I haven't lived here for almost 20 years," Harry rolled his eyes fondly. "God, it's so good to be home."

"And we're happy to have you home," Louis smiled back at him, standing on his toes and pecking the younger lad's cheek.

Harry let out a small breath as he took the oxygen tank for Louis, wheeling it behind him as he walked further into the house. He was still trying to get used to the tank he had to keep beside him at all times, and the tube that stretched across his face and into his nose. It was all worth it if it meant he could be home though.

"Welcome home pop!!"

And maybe he should've expected the little army that almost attacked him, all of his kids to be careful as they hugged him.

"Thank you guys," he smiled at all of them, scooping Charlie up and pulling Rosie into his side as he kissed the 14 year old's head. "Where's Cody? He here?"

"He should be, he texted me a second ago saying he was running-"

"I'm here!!" Cody yelled over Alexis, basically sprinting into the room with TJ behind him, looking sweaty and out of breath like they had been running around. "Sorry I'm late pop, I had to put the finishing touches on your welcome home gift," he said, smiling at his father as he hugged him and passed him a bag.

Oh, buddy you didn't have to get me anything, Harry signed before taking the gift bag from him.

"Well it was something I made, so virtually no money was spent, I swear," Cody said happily, maybe a bit too excited as he watched his pop open the bag.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled out Cody's gift. "A backpack?" he asked confused.

"Yes pop, a backpack," Cody said as he bounced on his heels and took the bag from his father. "Through science and math and being awesome I created the oxygen backpack. I talked to your doctors and tested it and everything so you can put this on and not have to carry around the tank. I know how much you move around, especially in the kitchen and this will make it a lot easier for you, especially because it weighs virtually nothing."

Harry didn't even know what to say as he looked at his son, rushing towards him and crushing him in a hug. He couldn't help himself as he kissed Cody's curls, only pulling away when he started laughing and squirming against him.

"Alright, enough love, try this thing on," Cody chuckled to himself as his pop pulled away from him.

How does this thing work? Does it last long or do you have to-

"Dad it's uncle Liam approved, you don't have to worry, it works the same as the tank," Cody stopped his father as he helped his pop get the bag situated on him and fit the tube properly. "How's it feel pop?"

Better than the tank, that's for sure, Harry signed happily before pulling his son into his chest. Thank you buddy, I love it.

"Of course," Cody smiled back at him. "And you know with the extra pockets you can carry your medicine and all your emergency stuff to have just in case."

"Wow Cody, way to make the rest of look like we suck," Rosie signed and said teasingly as she saw her pop hugging her older brother.

"Yeah, so not sorry for being better than you," Cody smirked back at her, only to earn a playful jab from his boyfriend a second later.

"Stop it you two," Harry said and signed as he looked between his two kids.

"Yeah stop being brats," Alexis said as she ruffled Cody's hair and got a scowl from her little brother. "I made lunch so let's eat."