Chapter 17 ~ Crossing Lines

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Unfortunately, neither of us are exempt from basic human needs, and we not so willingly pulled away from each other to breath normally. My eyes fluttered open only to meet a set of brown ones staring back curiously. Silence filled the air around us, and I nervously awaited his next move. "Be mine. Show me a way back to the light. Please..." He whispered solemnly. My heart filled with a newfound hope. "Of course I will, Kylo." I replied. I could feel his body relax against my own, the caution slipping away. He seemed amazed, like he never expected me to say yes. Like he thought I would push him away. When in fact, I was doing just the opposite.

He simply continued to stare at me, looking dumbfounded, and a small smile broke across my face. I couldn't help it. "What?" He asked, the unease slipping back into his aura. I shook my head, draping my other arm around his neck gently. "Nothing. I'm just happy." I confessed. "Happy?" He repeated. I nodded in response to his question. "Why?" He asked quizzically. I thought about it for a moment. Why am I happy? I should hate this man. I shouldn't have let him kiss me. I shouldn't have fallen for him at all. But I have, and I can't help it. I can't fight it anymore. "Well...I just... I thought you didn't really care for me. That everything I felt was one sided. I guess I'm just relieved." I admitted quietly. He tilted his head in confusion, as if he was having trouble comprehending my words. Like he never expected to feel endearment from another person. "You were relieved that I feel affection for you?" I nodded again, and this time he actually smiled at my answer. "So am I." He admitted.

Grinning despite myself, I stood on my tip toes, softly pulling him down to my level. "I'm glad." I whispered in his ear, before leaning back just enough to stare into his eyes for a moment longer. Then I surprised even myself by pressing my lips to his again. He responded eagerly to my touch, tightening his semi-loose grip on my waist. I felt his hand come up to hold my cheek, fingers gentle against my skin. My own hands were unable to settle on any one place, moving from his neck to his hair, and back down to his shoulders. For once, I felt happiness coming from him, pleasure. Who knew the great and powerful Kylo Ren would enjoy kissing so much? I chuckled, knowing that we had crossed a very delicate line, and everything would be different from this moment on. 

Third Person POV

 Training with his apprentice was becoming increasingly difficult for Kylo Ren. She was so strong, glowing with perseverance and power. Ever since he had spoken with the ghost of his grandfather, Kylo had been severely torn between the light and dark. He couldn't think straight, especially when he was around the young woman. It was as if something had been awoken deep within Kylo. Like the connection between the two Force-sensitives had grown more intense, stronger.

Of course, the new outfit she was wearing wasn't helping. He had always found Andromeda attractive, if nothing else, even before he felt such adoration for her. But the new dress that Orusa had designed for her accentuated her features even more. It showed off her long legs and amazing curves, and enhanced her blue eyes, the dark colored fabric contrasting so beautifully with the pale orbs.