Chapter 17 ~ Crossing Lines

It's been a little over a week since the battle at Hoth. My stitches are looking a lot better, but I would still have a nasty scar. Orusa had been quite upset when she learned what happened, and instantly started working on a new dress for me to wear, even though I told her she didn't have to. It took her less than three days to finish it, and it was beautiful, even more so than my old one. It was a dark black, just as short as the other one with the same style. However, it had a deep v neck, exposing a bit of my cleavage. It made me feel amazing, and yet somewhat self conscious. "You look gorgeous!" She told me when I put it on, smiling as she examined her fine handy work. I thanked her and left, then headed to go train with Kylo. He's been so stiff and uptight recently, and I had no idea why. But thankfully, he had been working with me to get my strength back up to my usual self.

After entering the room, Kylo and I started our routine as we normally did. I still didn't have a new lightsaber, but I could practice Force bending. About half an hour passed, and I noticed Kylo kept looking off into the distance, distracted. I shrugged it off at first, but when he narrowly missed me throwing a chair at him with the Force, I had to intervene. "Kylo!" I called, looking at him incredulously. "What?" He asked, breaking out of his revere. "Alright...come on, spill. What's going on with you?" I questioned, crossing my arms. Kylo took a deep breath before meeting my gaze evenly. "Why did you save me on Hoth? You could've let me die. You would've been free from all of this. Free from me." He asked cautiously. His question took me off guard. "You're my master and...my friend. I couldn't just let you die..." I replied quietly, refusing to meet his eyes. I felt a pin-prick in my mind, instantly knowing that he was probing for clues to further explain my actions.

My heartbeat accelerated as I pushed my feelings for him to the back of my mind, trying to hide them away in the deepest recesses of my brain. The internal fight did not go unnoticed by Kylo, and the moment I looked up at his face, I knew that he had felt my emotions. His eyes widened as his gaze met my own. "Andromeda? Is that truly how you feel?" He asked lowly. I swallowed hard, knowing it would be no use to lie to him, not after what he had just felt. "I...yes Kylo." I replied weakly, both relieved that he knew the truth and totally scared about what would happen now.

We had developed a bond, a frustrating friendship of sorts, but still a friendship nonetheless and I didn't want to ruin that in any way. Kylo stared at me for a minute, not saying anything, just watching me with a surprised expression. Sighing, I looked away. "I know. I'm a stupid little girl...just forget about it Kylo..." I said softly, beginning to turn to walk away. Long fingers wrapped firmly around my wrist, causing me to stop in my tracks. "Wait..." Kylo commanded softly, making me turn around to look at him. My face was red with embarrassment, and all I wanted was to leave the room as fast as I could. A large warm hand cupped my cheek, and Kylo's face was suddenly in front of my own. His chocolate eyes held something that resembled innocence and uncertainty. My chin was tilted up just slightly, and I stood frozen in surprise at the somewhat comforting gesture coming from the man in front of me.

Without a word, he closed his eyes, and his lips crashed down on my own. My own eyes widened in shock. Kylo Ren was actually kissing me and it was so wrong, yet so wonderfully perfect. After a moment, I finally came to my senses, wrapping my arms around his neck and closing my eyes as I kissed him back, feeling as though the moment would slip through my fingers if I did nothing about it. Who knew how long this could last? It could be temporary, mean nothing to him, just a way to shut me up. The thought of that broke my heart, but I had to ignore it.

A deep voice echoed within my thoughts. Relax... I blushed darker, realizing that he had been listening to my thoughts and doubts. I allowed my muscles to relax, my breathing to slow, and finally gave into his touch fully. I felt him smirk into the kiss, the hand that wasn't pressed against my cheek sliding down my spine to hold onto my waist tightly, like he was secretly afraid of letting me go. My hand tentatively reached up, fingers tangling in his beautiful ebony locks. His lips were warm and firm and full against mine, but surprisingly the kiss was not rough, and he tasted of something I could not place. Something oh so alluring. I shivered at that thought, knowing that if anyone ever compared me to Eve from the Bible, Kylo was the forbidden fruit I so desperately yearned for. Even though it wasn't my first kiss, it was definitely the best. He pulled me closer to his body, pressing us together in a way that practically screamed his desire for love and redemption. For the light.