2: Police

"Don't do that," I spoke, leaning against the door frame of Joker's office. He was writing plans for another project.

He raised his head and raised a questioning eyebrow, a small smirk playing on his lips. He set his pen down and folded his arms, leaning back in his chair. "And why not?"

I had gotten a glance of his plans just the other day. He was planning on messing with The Penguin.

"The fact that he let us walk for what happened is beyond me," I spoke. "But if we try something again, he knows how to find me and how to hurt me."

This was funny to Joker. He held his stomach and started to howl with laughter. "You? You're scared of him? And, and his little goons?" he started cackling now. "Oh, boy," he wiped a tear from his eye.

I walked around his desk and sat on his lap. "Well, what you're trying to do is a little extreme. Why bomb the Ice Berg Lounge?"

"Because I'm bored, and want to see some explosions," Joker grinned.

I sighed. "Will nothing I say stop you?"

He grinned. "What do you think?" his hand ran itself up and down my back.

I groaned loudly, then nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck. "Fine. I guess I'll back you up."

He was silent for a moment, I pulled my head from my position to look at his face, which was unreadable.

"I may have already set up the explosives. . . " He spoke.

I stared at him for what seemed like a minute. "Without me?"

His hand slipped itself around my waist. "I can do things without you every now and when, with or without your permission," he spoke, a smile reappearing on his face.

I wasn't sure what to say now. I just shook my head and let out a groan. "God dammit," I muttered.

"Well, did you want to do the honors?" Joker questioned, pushing a big red button in front of me.

"You've got to be joking."

"Come on. . ."

I sighed. "I'm not going to be involved with this," I spoke, turning to leave his office. Once I did, I heard a loud explosion in the far distance, and realized he had detonated it without hesitation. What else did I expect? He was a man with no limitations.

I walked to our bedroom and lay on the bed, pressing my face into the pillow and allowed myself to drift into a deep sleep.

--

"ADORA!"

I fell off of my bed, taking the covers with me as I let out a loud squeal.

"What?" I questioned loudly, rubbing my eyes as I felt my blood boil. "God dammit!"

"Let's go!" Rainbow hissed, waving her hand to motion me to get off of the floor.

"Where? Oh." I had forgotten I had promised Rainbow I'd take her to the pet store. She wanted to buy a dozen neon fish for the new fish tank she had installed into her bedroom. I lifted myself from the floor and turned to look at the bed, finding crumpled sheets on Joker's side of the bed along with a wrinkled spot on the bedsheet where he had slept. I reached across the bed to touch the space, finding no sign of heat. He hadn't been in bed for a while. "Have you seen Joker?"

Rainbow was currently ripping out clothes out of my dresser to throw at me. She threw a blue skirt and a white halter top along with a skin colored bra, nearly slapping me in the face with the pile. They landed on the bed in front of me. "No, I haven't," she spoke. "Wait!" she put her finger up in the air with wide eyes, she then turned to me with her lips bunched together in a tight line. "He went to the other warehouse for the day. He left at like, six. We know because he fell on our door and woke us up."

I frowned. "What? He didn't even tell me he was leaving. And he fell on the door? Why?"

"He was putting his shoe on and running out I think, sounded like he was in a hurry. When I opened my door I saw him pulling the back of the shoe over the ball of his foot before he rushed down the stairs and out the front door." She shrugged. "I don't know, girl, sounds like he's getting comfortable."

"Well, took him five years, I guess," I muttered, pulling off my pajamas. I didn't care if Rainbow saw me, as our relationship was purely platonic. She didn't pay attention to me, she sat on the bed and pulled her phone out. I pulled on the skirt, which went down to the middle of my thighs, and pulled the white shirt on me after I put my bra on, adjusting the strap around my neck and adjusting my girls, which were currently popping out. I tucked them in a little, and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty hot. It had been about a year since I wore this outfit, as we had been hard at work for the past year and I never had a reason to leave. If I did, it'd be to run to the store, but even then I'd pull on a black band tee and sweats and rush.

I put on black, winged eyeliner and blood red lipstick, grabbing my car keys and red Michael Kors purse from their place on the dresser. Rainbow and I walked out to my red 2016 Subaru WRX.

"Drive cautiously so you don't kill my fish before we get home," Rainbow pouted. I laughed.

"Of course," I assured her, pulling out into the road as I started to drive into the city. "So. Fish."

"Bubble's allergic to cats, so," she shrugged.

"You can have literally any animal in the world since we are criminals and don't abide to laws, and you choose a fish," I laughed. "I'd pick a black panther."

She pouted. "Don't judge me."

I smirked, glancing at her. "Okay, sorry, my bad. My only concern is us becoming normal people," I sighed. I made a left onto a common street, making my way into the center of Gotham City where Jane's Pet Shop was.

I drove at a normal speed as to not upset Rainbow or alert any cops. Coincidentally, there were two cop cars parked on the side of the road a few miles up.

My hands tightened on the wheel, knuckles turning white as I felt nervous. I always had a reason to suspect cops of throwing me in Arkham, since I was an infamous criminal.

I passed the cop cars, letting out a relieved sigh as I looked in my rearview mirror and found they were not following, but my heart started to beat rapidly when I saw both of the cop cars turn their lights and sirens on and follow me at top speed, both of them slid in front of me, causing me to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting them both head on.

"What the fuck?!" I shouted, but they already had their guns pointed at my vehicle. I turned to look at Rainbow, who looked back at me with a horrified face.

"Adora Vand, get out with your hands up! You are under arrest!"

I reached for the glove compartment to get my gun, but Rainbow stopped me. "If they see that in your hand, they'll kill you immediately, you have no chance," she spoke, her eyes sad as tears started to escape the corners of her eyes. "Just surrender."

"Under arrest? Aren't I considered crazy? Aren't they supposed to bring me to Arkham Asylum?" I whispered harshly, before I could open my car door it flung open, and two hands ripped me from my seat and threw me onto the floor.

I felt the person roughly grab my hands and put them together, handcuffing me as my Miranda rights were recited to me.